• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan Veteran regulator question

Does this help?

Reactions: Skydivingmiami
The Ernest Rowe video on the reg adjustment is very good. It's a simple process, but it might require disassembly a few times. Personally, I would stick with the Taipan reg over the Huma. The Huma might be a little easier to adjust, but until you are certain of your desired set point, it will probably also require several attempts. And, the Huma markings are only estimates, so a trial and error process is almost unavoidable.

Reactions: Skydivingmiami
Hello,
I have a similar problem. I bought a Taipan Veteran Long in .22 almost new, with the power plenum installed. But the regulator was move and I don't know the current regulator pressure. If i set the spring tension at max, I can reach 960 fps and in the current setting, 890 fps, I get maybe 100 shots with the JSB 18.13 grains. I like to shoot at 50 yards and is pretty consistent, even when it drop below 100. So I think that the regulator maybe setting at 100 or less.
Do you know if the Huma regulator tester work with the Taipan reg? ..I don't see the point in changing it for the Huma. But with the regulator tester, if it works with the factory regulator, will be a great help.
Looking to shoot the JSB redesigned at 920fps. Any suggestion about the regulator pressure?
Thanks and best regards,
Alex