Taipan Veteran Range time

Weather was too bad for springers today so did a trifecta at my club. Shot the Taipan Veteran at 50 yards, PB pistols at 25 yards and Arrows at 20 yards. The Veteran has sat for a year and here is how they shoot off the bench. Not too shabby for a purpose built hunting PCP.

IMG_1758.jpeg

IMG_1759.jpeg

Great times are had at Washtenaw, everyone is welcome.

Yes...in .22 for sure...take it to the bank! My favorite by a wide margin of the many brands I've owned. Go back through some old Taipan Veteran threads and see what is said about them! Group is 5 shots sitting at 30 yards with Crosman domes, does even better with JSB 18s. I haven't even changed an oring in 3 years+. These things SHOOT my friend!!!
20230417_150850.jpg
20230417_150614.jpg

Nice shooting!

Here's a 5 shot group I just did with one of my .22 shorties.
14.35 JSBs at 870. The red square is 3/4" x 3/4".
A little light rain coming down but zero wind.
75 yards. Rested on two bags.

Really sad if they stopped making these sweet little guns.

View attachment 352626
View attachment 352627
Beautiful combo there...I'm on the lookout for a .22 standard.

You guys are terrible at supporting an addicted fellow airguner . I talked myself into ordering one from UA with help from fellow shooters. I figured at 1150 if I ever wanted to sell it I would only loose 200-300 bucks.

I like the anti double feed the first version has.
I like the lower fill pressure at 3500 psi.
The accuracy looks good from what others are posting .
Solid build , according to the feedback.

Does anyone know the fpe the .22 Veteran Standard ships at ? Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: maxtrouble
I just watched a video on the Standard and he got 50 shots with 18g at 960 fps , just under 37 fpe. Looks like it's efficient and accurate. Thanks again for the extra push.

Reactions: maxtrouble
Mine arrived from Talon Tunes shooting 908 fps with 18 gr. I have since lowered the reg pressure closer to 80-90 bar and still plenty of juice to push 18s to 880-900.
How hard is it to adjust the factory regulator down? I realize you have to disassemble the gun to remove the regulator but then is it difficult to adjust it?

Well there are no lines on the reg that tell you what pressure you are adjusting too. There are small dots meant for referencing. Mine came set at 132 bar. I lowered it all the way down to just putting pressure on the washer stack. If you have calipers, I have a thread where someone else measured the piston sticking out and it matched up nicely with the same pressure his was shooting at. The reg adjusts really easily and it is easy to lose your factory setting.

Mine arrived from Talon Tunes shooting 908 fps with 18 gr. I have since lowered the reg pressure closer to 80-90 bar and still plenty of juice to push 18s to 880-900.

Have you ran a shot string or have an idea at shot count with the lower reg pressure? I would be happy if it slings 18g lead at 960 fps or even if it's 880 plus. I want this one to be set it and forget it. I do have calipers. Are you adjusting the HS also? Thanks.

I adjust the hammer spring to find what my max speed is and then back it down to about 95% of that top speed. I do have my hammer spring adjuster marked for 18 gr, 16 gr and 14 gr pellets and also 17 gr NSA slugs. I turn them down to keep the lighter pellets in the 900 fps range, slugs in the 930 range. Feels like it is more efficient with the lower reg setting as it is still making speed. No real shot strings. Just boring stacking pellet on pellet in the basement range.

I was surprised at how accurate the jsb 18g pellets were at 960-970 fps in the video . And w 50 shots at that fps I will probably just shoot for the 960 range . Seem hot but the accuracy was definitely there. UA shipped it out yesterday. Already got an email with a contact # if I have any questions. Thats some good customer service.

My wants list was a Huntsman a Huben or Sidewinder . Some how the Veteran jumped to the top of the list. I think the price , low fill pressure and owners feedback helped seal the deal.

I was surprised at how accurate the jsb 18g pellets were at 960-970 fps in the video . And w 50 shots at that fps I will probably just shoot for the 960 range . Seem hot but the accuracy was definitely there. UA shipped it out yesterday. Already got an email with a contact # if I have any questions. Thats some good customer service.

My wants list was a Huntsman a Huben or Sidewinder . Some how the Veteran jumped to the top of the list. I think the price , low fill pressure and owners feedback helped seal the deal.
You won't be giving up anything by it, believe you me!