Taipan Veteran Orings

It seems I've replaced most of the orings in the Vet platform at one point or another, as I was inside the guns for one reason or another. The only ones that "needed" it were internal orings in a regulator that was acting up, and the oring under the gauge that became disformed when I pinched it swapping electronic gauges off and on the gun. The other's that I have replaced were just done because I was already inside the gun.

All that I have replaced have been done with Buna-N 70 Duro material/hardness. There's lots of debate about the best material and hardness, Please do your research when it comes to deciding what type to go with. (I'm not claiming that what I used was necessarily the best type).

There may be another oring or two inside the air tube plug at the fill end. I've not needed to replace them and the schematic shows what may be another oring or two? (specifically part # 103. I think that is an oring that the fill port cover rides on as it is rotated to cover the fill probe hole, but don't hold me to that. Part # 100 may also be an oring. The numbers for those two are in the right sequence to be orings-to match Taipan's part numbering scheme. ).

I may go on with this project at some point by making a listing of all the schematic part numbers with a corresponding description (ie. #65 = shroud endcap).

Much thanks to @orion for his work on the Mutant here: https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/taipan-mutant-schematics-for-future-reference.488875/ Many of the Mutant and Veteran orings are shared and the information he included in that link helped immensely.

veteran.jpg
oring list.jpg

Last edited:
From page 4 in the Veteran manual.....
page 4 in manual.jpg

These are the spare parts and orings that come with a new gun. Again, Taipan must figure these couple of orings are the most likely to fail. The far right column has the part number from the schematic on the back of the manual, that I linked above.

Interesting to note that they supply 2 of the 3mmx21mm (part # 101 on schematic) with a new gun, but it looks like there are 4 needed in the gun, all in the air tube: 2 to seal the regulator in the tube (ahead of and behind the reg), one at the fill apparatus (front of tube), and one to seal the valve to the tube (rear of tube).

Also interesting to note that they are listed as cross section x diameter here and in the link to the sizes for the Mutant above. The O-ring Store lists them as diameter x cross section on all the little baggies they sent me.

Last edited:
The easiest way to do it (without disassembly) is to put a one-piece cleaning rod down the barrel, without a jag or other attachment. This will be used as a hard stop to work against to maneuver the oring into the groove from the same place you load pellets. Seems to work best to pinch the oring in half and poke it in as if it was a pellet, pushing on it with the cleaning rod back and forth in small increments, while working at it from the breech end with your fingers or a small blunt object (ball point pen or something similar). Within a minute or two you can usually get it to seat into the groove.

Reactions: erapp1214