• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan Veteran Long .25 low power tune results

Hey guys,

I have owned a Taipan Veteran Long .25 caliber for a few years now. It’s always been reliable and a tack driver shooting FX 25.4 grain pellets at around 890-900 fps. Zero complaints about its performance. The other day I wondered how it would do with a lower power tune with the same pellets and I thought I would share my results. Wow was I impressed! I didn’t want to mess with the factory regulator so I bought a Huma regulator with the Huma regulator tester and I set the pressure on the regulator to exactly 85 bar (which ended up being like 105 bar in the paper scale). I also went and bought a slightly weaker hammer spring at the hardware store and cut it down to be just a tad longer than the factory spring. With the hammer spring maxed out at the 85 bar regulator pressure I got about 820 fps before velocity fell off, so I backed it off to about 795 fps. From a 200 bar fill to 80-85 bar on the gun gauge I got 80 shots! Accuracy is one pellet hole at 25 yards and a dime at 50 yards which is no change from shooting at 900 fps except there is more drop to account for. Also, cocking the gun is way easier and smoother at this setting. The gun all together feels way settled down which is nice for bench shooting. I haven’t had a chance to test accuracy beyond 50 yards but I’m liking it so far! I just thought I would share my results.

Reactions: BZO100