Taipan Veteran Long .25 cal slug recommendations?

I got the 29.0gr NSAs and put them over the chrony and was pretty surprised. With my JSB heavies set at 860, I thought surely the 29s would fly past 900. But no, they were only going 875. 

Does this sound right to you guys? Wondering if it has anything to do with small diameter of the 29s and losing efficiency in barrel pressure?

James

My jsb heavies were shooting 880 and I had to tune my gun up quite a bit to get my 34 grain slugs to shoot around 870 which is basically the same weight, I too thought this was interesting.

My jsb heavies were shooting 880 and I had to tune my gun up quite a bit to get my 34 grain slugs to shoot around 870 which is basically the same weight, I too thought this was interesting.

That's really helpful to hear - thanks for corroborating. I found it odd because I haven't seen that kind of a ratio/relationship between pellets/slugs in other guns.

I have to single load slugs in my Veteran or else they fall out.

The harder allow of the NSA, FX, and JSB really slows down the slugs as it goes through the choke of my .22. They really drop the velocity that the slug leaves the barrel at as opposed to pellets.

H&N, AVS, and Griffin slugs are softer and don't loose as much velocity as they pass through the choke, but pellets squeek through the choke far better than any slug and will give the most energy at the muzzle.

I recommend the softer lead of the AVS and Griffin slugs. I'd go with the low density core slugs if pesting because the slugs break apart a bit inside the critter on impact. They make finding all the fragments a bit of a challenge when hunting for meat. I'd stick to a regular hollowpoint if hunting for meat because the slug stays intact and is easy to find.

I bought a FX Impact 700mm 25cal barrel kit plus the superior liner, let’s see how accurate is compared to my Eastern guns shooting slugs.

Renz
Not just directed at u but wtf are we talking.22 cal grains for?
Where do you purchase those at?
F that send some heavier slugs man. Mid 50gr hpbt minimum