Taipan Taipan Veteran II Tactical

I have only had mine for a few months. So far I've had good luck with the NSA 27.5 slugs. It's definitely possible to get 1/2 inch or better groups at 50 yards. I had one shot I pulled to the right on this 50 yd. group and messed it up.

Taipan Vet II (5) (Small).JPG

P1270060 (Small).JPG

My taipan veteran 2 tactical shoots the JSB 33.95 gr. Mk2 heavy.25 cal. Really nice, but I really want to see if the JSB knockout Slugs work?! Ordered some from ThePelletShop coming in soon!
Oh yeah JSB KO are great 👍 5 shot group first shot was low then dialed up that's the 5 shot group I got.

20231207_154033.jpg

Is the Taipan Veteran II Tactical a dedicated slug shooter or can it also shoot pellets accurately as well?

Thanks,

WPM
Shoots them both well. When I first got my Taipan Vet2 I was shooting pellets like them well but with mine being a 700mm barrel it's a real slug gun. I fill my gun to 285ish-290ish range. I get 100 shots per fill. I think you can get the 500mm in a LW barrel too.

Reactions: Sean_Eason and WPM
love the guys over at the pellet shop I’m new to air gun world, and Bin really spent the time telling me the ins and outs of all the different guns I wanted to buy great great guy great, great place to do business
Yes, he’s a total nice guy. The pellet shop helped me out and answered all my questions about my BRK ghost, it was a good experience, I’m gonna order from them again.

• Love
Reactions: Tommy Daddio
Any of you fellas had any fill issues with the Vet Tactical 2? Just got mine last week. 25 cal 550mm barrel. Can't get it to take air from my Nomad 2 compressor? Builds pressure up in the compressor line in like 30 seconds, reaches the set fill pressure at 250 bar and shuts off. Any ideas why it won't take air? I contacted Tony at TalonTunes and he filled it many times, sent me the 10 shot string velocity results and the 5 shot group when I got the gun? I'm at a loss. The Nomad 2 filled my Taipan Mutant Veteran bullpup, my Airforce Talon, and my Benjamin Marauder just fine. Air line, fill probe are free from any obstructions. Air flows freely through. Any help would be appreciated.