• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan Taipan Veteran II Tactical

I know my Cricket has a slow fill built into it, it takes a few minutes to fill it, I’m not sure if the new Veteran has this feature or not. My original Vet doesn’t. Does the gauge slowly climb or is it not taking air at all?
Tony told me it has a restricted fill rate and that may be affecting my compressor. He filled from his bottles at his shop. I even tried my stirrup hand pump. I took my hand pump to where I couldn't even complete a full down stroke. I'm a big guy. 6 feet tall and 215 pounds. Just don't seem like it's wants to take air. The gauge hasn't even come off the peg at zero bar. I can't get the gauge needle on the gun to move at all.

I know my Cricket has a slow fill built into it, it takes a few minutes to fill it, I’m not sure if the new Veteran has this feature or not. My original Vet doesn’t. Does the gauge slowly climb or is it not taking air at all?
My Nomad 2 should fill slower than what Tony's bottles would at his shop I think? He said he filled my gun and tested it many times.

I have only had mine for a few months. So far I've had good luck with the NSA 27.5 slugs. It's definitely possible to get 1/2 inch or better groups at 50 yards. I had one shot I pulled to the right on this 50 yd. group and messed it up.

View attachment 422742

View attachment 422744
How are you filling your Vet Tactical ll?

Tony told me it has a restricted fill rate and that may be affecting my compressor. He filled from his bottles at his shop. I even tried my stirrup hand pump. I took my hand pump to where I couldn't even complete a full down stroke. I'm a big guy. 6 feet tall and 215 pounds. Just don't seem like it's wants to take air. The gauge hasn't even come off the peg at zero bar. I can't get the gauge needle on the gun to move at all.
Try cocking the gun then fill it.

UPDATE: Found that my Taipan Tac 2 had a faulty pressure gauge. Tony from Talon Tunes got me all fixed up now. Something happened to the gauge in transit from his shop in Florida to my home here in Southern Pennsylvania. Tony has given me the best customer service I could ask for! He is a stand up guy and the best in the business in my opinion. Customer service with him is priority number one. Really happy that we got that issue resolved.

Reactions: Sean_Eason
Is the Taipan Veteran II Tactical a dedicated slug shooter or can it also shoot pellets accurately as well?

Thanks,

WPM
As a slug shooter u have to test lots of slugs to find out what the barrel likes that said same goes with pellets, its not the owner selecting / thinking which ammo the gun likes

Ernest

Reactions: Str8tshooter
Sorry I’m not too sure how much power it gets but my BRKghost in 30 caliber hits hard up to 90 ft lbs. and my taipan veteran 2 hits just as hard! Super accurate, too
View attachment IMG_1374.jpeg
Sorry I’m not too sure how much power it gets but my BRKghost in 30 caliber hits hard up to 90 ft lbs. and my taipan veteran 2 hits just as hard! Super accurate, too
View attachment IMG_1371.jpeg
These are my two favorites, I can’t seem to choose which one is better, they both are very stunning rifles, and I can’t believe how accurate both of them are
Even 80 to 100 yards out not a problem with pest birds !!!

I've had it for two weeks and I still can't get it to shoot decently, I had acceptable results with jsb of 18.13 at 825 fps. I also shot some 25 grain slugs and the grouping was decent but not good.

Taipan 2 Veteran.jpg