Taipan Taipan Veteran II Tactical

Tune 1: FX 34 Heavies/JSB MK2 Heavies 915FPS. One hole at 50.
Shot String: 250Bar Fill (300max)
Placeholder

Target: Placeholder

Gun Weight: 8.399 with Ergo Vertical Grip

Initial Impression:
The rifle is extremely solid. No sharp edges anywhere. The moderator is HUGE and also acts as a barrel tensioner. The trigger is the same as the OG Taipan (super adjustable). The cocking is ridiculously smooth and solid (very refined, buttery). The cocking throw is medium (compared to an M3 which is short). The machine work is flawless (the gun looks "melted"). The barrel needed a lot of patches before it was clean. Accuracy is absolutely mind blowing (tuned). Rifling is grooved. Balance is neutral in hand. Cocking lever can be swapped to the left from the right. The AR grip that it came with was rubber overmolded and solid feeling. The rifle requires AR grips that are "Flat topped". The pic rail can be removed from the bottom (option parts to come?). The trigger guard can be removed. Every part on this gun just feels super refined.

ToDo:
Replace all bolts with Titanium
Cocking Lever Bolts: M4x16
Cocking Mechanism Plate (Right): M4x8
Barrel Clamp Bolts:M4x18
Cheek Cap Bolts: M4x30 TP (Currently 318m SS)
Trigger Plate Bolts:M4x8 Counter Sunk (Currently 318m SS)
Trigger: Adjusted for a 2.8oz first stage, 4.8oz second stage. No creep. No overtravel.
IMG_5911.jpeg

IMG_5912.jpeg

IMG_5915.jpeg

IMG_5916.jpeg

72019808333__923F934F-463F-4143-9EE9-4F43B902EF27.fullsizerender.jpeg

Last edited:
May I ask where such an item can be had? I would love one for my new to me OG Veteran Compact. The metal cheek riser gets awful sweaty in humid Florida in the summer and cold in the winter. I have a 3d printed one on my standard, but would like to try something different.
Thank you

I make them. I havent made any OG taipan pads in a while but I'll see if I have any in inventory. I would also recommend getting some m4x30 Stainless socket head bolts or titanium (Monster Bolts) to replace the carbon steel bolts as they get sweaty and will rust eventually.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
I have not yet purchased. I'm in the investigation stage. And before I purchase I'd like to find out some of the issues. I noticed that the air bottle appears to be somewhat unprotected and that concerns me. If I do purchase I will most likely get the 700 mm because I'm shooting at 100 plus yards. Of course having dependable repair would be great. I believe the air gun is made in Czechoslovakia and since I've had such great luck with CZ I thought I'd check them out.

Tune 1: FX 34 Heavies/JSB MK2 Heavies 915FPS. One hole at 50.
Shot String: 250Bar Fill (300max)
Placeholder

Target: Placeholder

Gun Weight: 8.399 with Ergo Vertical Grip

Initial Impression:
The rifle is extremely solid. No sharp edges anywhere. The moderator is HUGE and also acts as a barrel tensioner. The trigger is the same as the OG Taipan (super adjustable). The cocking is ridiculously smooth and solid (very refined, buttery). The cocking throw is medium (compared to an M3 which is short). The machine work is flawless (the gun looks "melted"). The barrel needed a lot of patches before it was clean. Accuracy is absolutely mind blowing (tuned). Rifling is grooved. Balance is neutral in hand. Cocking lever can be swapped to the left from the right. The AR grip that it came with was rubber overmolded and solid feeling. The rifle requires AR grips that are "Flat topped". The pic rail can be removed from the bottom (option parts to come?). The trigger guard can be removed. Every part on this gun just feels super refined.

ToDo:
Replace all bolts with Titanium
Cocking Lever Bolts: M4x16
Cocking Mechanism Plate (Right): M4x8
Barrel Clamp Bolts:M4x18
Cheek Cap Bolts: M4x30 TP (Currently 318m SS)
Trigger Plate Bolts:M4x8 Counter Sunk (Currently 318m SS)
Trigger: Adjusted for a 2.8oz first stage, 4.8oz second stage. No creep. No overtravel.
View attachment 400832
View attachment 400835
View attachment 400872
View attachment 400873
View attachment 400836
What barrel length is your rifle?