• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan Taipan Veteran II tactical owners 550 barrel

I am shopping for my next air rifle and would like some info on the Veteran 2 tactical with the 550 barrel. I've viewed Youtube videos and reviews on the 700 version but not much on the 550 one. I'm interested in 25 cal but not opposed to the 22 cal. Anyone that owns one please let me know what you like and dislike about it plus what worked best for in your rifle, pellets or slugs or both? Any info provided would be much appreciated. My main purpose is pesting and plinking with occasional target shooting.

Thanks

I have the exact rifle you are asking about. .25 cal. I'm using it with no adjustments as it arrived from Talon Tunes. It is my go-to for squirrels typically at 35-40yds. Loves Hades. A bit on the heavy side compared to my .25 Katran LB but a solid and smooth rifle to operate.

Thanks for the info. I'm leaning more and more to the Taipan!

Well, After speaking with Tony at TalonTunes I decided on this one. Hopefully I will be able to shoot it today if the snow is not too deep at my target. It's not a 550 but I think that it will work for me.

Taipan 700 laminate.jpg