Taipan Taipan Veteran II owners

Ive only shot my Vet 2 a handful of times. Picked it up used here on the classifieds. Its a .25 and was shooting very hot strings with hades at 1005 fps consistently and hole on hole at 35 yards. I have since dialed it back to 945 to improve shot count and quiet the bark. The groups arent as tight as before but I think some lighter pellets might help. Not sure yet.

The only issue, and its probably something I need to lube or grease, every time the pellet probe begins to push a pellet, theres a lot of friction getting the probe through the magazine. So cocking isnt very smooth going forward.

Ive only shot my Vet 2 a handful of times. Picked it up used here on the classifieds. Its a .25 and was shooting very hot strings with hades at 1005 fps consistently and hole on hole at 35 yards. I have since dialed it back to 945 to improve shot count and quiet the bark. The groups arent as tight as before but I think some lighter pellets might help. Not sure yet.

The only issue, and its probably something I need to lube or grease, every time the pellet probe begins to push a pellet, theres a lot of friction getting the probe through the magazine. So cocking isnt very smooth going forward.
Does it feel the same with other pellets?

Have the same issue with my vet 2 . Only with the JSB 15.9g pellets. polymags, atomics, 18g fx no issues whatsoever. Might have a shaky batch.

That's great news.

Not many airguns have barrels threaded to breech block. I personally think it's a vastly superior design over grub screws.
That's great news.

Not many airguns have barrels threaded to breech block. I personally think it's a vastly superior design over grub screws.
You are absolutely right; I've no trust in this assembly ( liner +shroud , see what I mean ;) ) kept in place with 2 tiny grub screws : no stiffness in that. Evenif accuracy is there once the gun is zeroed , there is a lack of consistency and POI shifting problems .

I found it as tough as H E double toothpicks to decide on my first pcp ... especially prowling around on AN. The older Veteran pulled on my likes more. Having handled bullpup firearms, they make wonderful truck guns but not backyard friendly (LOL). The movement of the cocking lever was a definite improvement, but not enough for me to pay more for. I picked up lightly used Compact in .22, its new to me. However, I'd like to see more out here on the veteran 2. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a BullPup fan, but man these are gorgeous....not $1,600 gorgeous though, and that is why this end of the market is very much more niche, you won't get 30+ page threads and hype like a 250$ Umarex Notos will. Not everyone can keep up buying the latest and greatest $1,600 AG every 3-6 months.

The ll is everything the l should be in my opinion, the 'tactical' version is hideous and just a jumbled mess of adapters...lacks fluidity compared to standard...standard is just wow.

-Matt

No kidding, the vet tactical 2 just looks odd. Nothing like the tactical 1

PXL_20230819_004500644.jpg

Reactions: Str8tshooter
By looking at the short clips, the II is a tensioned system ? So I can assume it could be ran in tensioned mode or pure free float by not using shroud. I do like how easy barrel is removed for cleaning etc..
Unfortunately, the tensioned system as they have it is what holds everything together . This includes the top rail, if the shroud is removed with the tension cap for the moderator. nothing will keep the top rail section in place, it will slide.