Taipan Taipan Veteran II owners

Either generation is a great platform. The Vet II succumbed to marketing pressure for the forward cocking lever. I am a believer that simpler is better, so I'll stick with the original.
You make it sound like they caved in to pier pressure like it was a bad thing. They simply updated with the times. EVERY other brand that formerly had rear cocking has updated to forward cocking. Was it from pressure? Yes, from those that will pay for a product. The market will follow demand, and the demand for forward cocking has been there for quite some time. Are there vet fans that don’t care, and like their originals? Of course! But it’s a small part of the market.

I own a standard in 25. I bought it not for its cocking placement, but for the anti double load feature. If this feature has been available on the new vet2, I’d be an owner. They decided it took up too much room, and nixed the idea for forward cocking. That was a no go for me, so I stuck with the original. For those that don’t need that feature, the vet2 wi be more user friendly, and still have the ruggedness of a veteran.

Not a BullPup fan, but man these are gorgeous....not $1,600 gorgeous though, and that is why this end of the market is very much more niche, you won't get 30+ page threads and hype like a 250$ Umarex Notos will. Not everyone can keep up buying the latest and greatest $1,600 AG every 3-6 months.

The ll is everything the l should be in my opinion, the 'tactical' version is hideous and just a jumbled mess of adapters...lacks fluidity compared to standard...standard is just wow.

-Matt

I'm wondering why not alot of talk on the VeT II. The few new owners of them I've talked to have nothing but good to say across the board. Is it because the 1st versions were so good ? Still to new .? . The groups I've seen are outstanding along with 6oz triggers outa box.
Joe
I put a post regarding the Vet 2 giving my thoughts both good and not to good changes they made. Side lever was great, smooth and durable. Improved air efficiency and power- or at least equal. shroud and moderator set up- not my favorite. prefer the old shroud with baffles and ability to add on additional moderator for ultra quiet. Finally, if you were one that became enamored with the anti double feed- which I like, you will be let down because they did away with it to fit the side lever design. If you are used to the style of most guns that will double feed if you cock the lever twice, the vet 2 will be a very nice addition with the typical durability. but if that anti double load option is vital, you will stick with the older version. Both are nice IMHO.