• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan Veteran CZ 700mm .22 users

I'm working towards building a dedicated .22 slug gun out of my Veteran Taipan Long. There is a 700mm CZ barrel available from Talon Tunes that looks like it might be the ticket for flinging 25 grain slugs around 950 fps. I'm curious if people have experience with this barrel and how it has performed? It seems really long but I guess that gives me more fpe potential.

I have that barrel on my Taipan veteran long. It shoots the 25 grain H&N slugs great at 930 fps and can shoot them faster if I want. Also have the power plenum on it.
20220520_200146.jpg

Reactions: peaceful_ruler
Hi,

I have the same setup. The veteran long in .22 and the 700mm CZ barrel from Tony. But my problem is that the slugs fall from the magazine. Not when they are in the rifle, but when I have a spare magazine in my pocket with 23 or 25 H&N slugs, the fell. I think that they are too short and the magazine's orings don't hold them tight.

Do you have the same problem? ..or your magazines work well with light slugs?

Thanks and best regards,

Alex

I just bought a vet 2 not the tactical with the 700mm barrel and only tried the JSB knockouts so far with the factory tune. They shot ok with factory tune. It came tuned from Utah for the JSB monster redesigneds 25.4 shooting 930. I shot two 5shot groups at 100yds with them at around 1”. The other group is 50yds and it shoots like that or better all day. Just got it last week so still playing with it. You can always get a vet 2:)

IMG_0290.jpeg

72531460356__E622551C-1613-4C91-8DAF-FB8EBDE90296.jpeg