• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan Veteran compact 22 and standard

@baldone based off your username I can say you evolutionary advanced human, no top haired clowns here.

I do not have a Taipan Vet Standard, but I do have the Compact in 25 cal. I find it very easy to handle and very ergonomic friendly. Eventually I will get a Taipan Vet Standard in .22.

So you are very observant !:)

So you like the compact enough to want the standard.

Good to know

2577E0AE-71C8-48E6-A91D-EFDDB44A1B85.1618633055.png
I have a .25 compact... 80-90 yards kills on pigeons while standing, without a support, are very common! I love this rifle!

Hi,

I've the compact, std, and long. The compact is just fine unless I need to really, really reach out. I normally shoot the compact 22 at about 580 fps. It is amazing how well you can do on a still day out to 30 yards. Also amazing is the number of shots even on a 190 bar fill.

As mentioned the LOP is about 1" shorter than the standard. Personally I like the balance of the compact more than the std and long. It just balances on the pistol grip.

I'd like a compact .177. Someday one will turn up!

Good luck,

Nugria

I have a .25 compact... 80-90 yards kills on pigeons while standing, without a support, are very common! I love this rifle!

Wow! That's a mess of birds and I'll bet someone is happy to have them DEAD.

I shoot a Taipan VL .25 for ground squirrel and dairies and love it. The compact is very appealing but maybe a I'd get .22 this time, tough decision

Hi,

I've the compact, std, and long. The compact is just fine unless I need to really, really reach out. I normally shoot the compact 22 at about 580 fps. It is amazing how well you can do on a still day out to 30 yards. Also amazing is the number of shots even on a 190 bar fill.

As mentioned the LOP is about 1" shorter than the standard. Personally I like the balance of the compact more than the std and long. It just balances on the pistol grip.

I'd like a compact .177. Someday one will turn up!

Good luck,

Nugria

Shooting at 580fps you must be getting 100+ shots, I reckon? I shoot my Taipan VL.25 at 885 with Hades getting 52 shots with an ES of 10 but it would cool to have a compact tuned down like yours is.

I just purchased the standard in 22 a few months back and truly love this rifle.

Was thinking of purchasing a compact version.

Thoughts of compact owners or people who own both.

Get the shorty. You'll love it 👍

I've had a .25 and .22 standard. They were very nice rifles but they've since been sold.

.25 I sold because I just don't need that much power.

.22 sold because it didn't really do anything better than my .22 shorty.

Plus, basically, I just like it short 😄

I now have 3 compacts.

• .22 compact that I bought used at a time when none were available new. Great gun. I run it at 30 FPE for 50 shots.
  • .25 compact just because I loved the .22 so much. I wasn't disappointed. 😃 Runs at 43 FPE
  • .22 compact because it was the last Ukraine model left in stock plus I wanted a brand new one. I run this one at 24 FPE for 70 shots.

Here's the .22 that I run at 24FPE

I just purchased the standard in 22 a few months back and truly love this rifle.

Was thinking of purchasing a compact version.

Thoughts of compact owners or people who own both.

Get the shorty. You'll love it 👍

I've had a .25 and .22 standard. They were very nice rifles but they've since been sold.

.25 I sold because I just don't need that much power.

.22 sold because it didn't really do anything better than my .22 shorty.

Plus, basically, I just like it short 😄

I now have 3 compacts.

• .22 compact that I bought used at a time when none were available new. Great gun. I run it at 30 FPE for 50 shots.
  • .25 compact just because I loved the .22 so much. I wasn't disappointed. 😃 Runs at 43 FPE
  • .22 compact because it was the last Ukraine model left in stock plus I wanted a brand new one. I run this one at 24 FPE for 70 shots.

Here's the .22 that I run at 24FPE

Nice

I will most likely end up with a compact.

@vetmx I agree, but how many people here own multiple FX Impacts in the same caliber which are identical except for the tune. I would say lots, which I understand and I do want another Taipan Compact in 22 cal in the future for sure. And like you, right now I want to mix it up and get a Kalibgrun Argus 45 W or Edgun Leyla 2.0 in 22 cal. I remember Ed from Edgun say that he doesn’t feel one brand does all things and it is good for people to own multiple brands, (I am sure FX disagrees). I agree with Ed variety is the spice of life.