• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan Veteran barrel question

Hi,

I've been read the forum looking for some specific info but i have not found what i need... so i open this thread.

I'm looking for a taipan veteran in .22. I've been said that now taipan comes with LW instead of CZ that is the barrel that they used to mount in. I know the performance of taipans with CZ but i'm not sure about the results of LW on it....

-Any feedback of LW on taipan?

-Do you know if CZ will be available in the future?

-How to know what type of barrel does a specific taipan unit mounts?

Thanks,

Regards!

They make the .22 with a CZ barrel, like others have said. The .25's are LW. 

I personally prefer a CZ barrel to a LW, but not by much. Both awesome. I shot a 5 round, 0.25 inch, 50 yard group with .25 Predator polymags last night using the Veteran Shorty... One hole. At night. In the cold. with a hunting pellet. And go figure, it was a short ass LW barrel pushing 870 fps. 

According to the advertisement on Talon Tunes … the .22 Veteran is still made with the CZ barrels … the .25 Veteran is made with Lothar Walther barrels.

You can call Tony up at Talon Tunes at 904-333-8643 and talk to him about it. Methinks he has some for sale there also.

Shalom

John

They make the .22 with a CZ barrel, like others have said. The .25's are LW. 

I personally prefer a CZ barrel to a LW, but not by much. Both awesome. I shot a 5 round, 0.25 inch, 50 yard group with .25 Predator polymags last night using the Veteran Shorty... One hole. At night. In the cold. with a hunting pellet. And go figure, it was a short ass LW barrel pushing 870 fps.

I asked two dealers in Europe and also asked directly to Taipan. They told me that now both .22 and .25 comes with LW. I prefer CZ because of its proved accuracy in taipans....I have not seen any review of Lw on taipans

How could i be sure of the barrel that comes with the gun if I buy a suppose CZ taipan?

If you're worried about the quality of LW barrels, i think you should find something else to worry about. Certainly, you can get a bad barrel from any maker, but LW is proven. I don't generally like the idea of a threaded muzzle, which is used in attaching the shroud in the Veteran. But, mine shoots very well, and that's what counts.