Tuning Taipan Veteran Air Gauge Leak

Yep. There's a little grub screw holding the "spinning fill collar." Take out that grub screw and the fill collar slides off. That leaves the wrench flats of the gauge exposed. That's actually the way that I've degassed mine when necessary. Slowly and carefully loosen the gauge until air starts leaking, and then let it slowly empty before loosening any further (safety and all that). There's just a simple oring in a groove sealing the gauge. I replaced mine with one from a cheapo harbor freight oring assortment at one point, so it's not a very exotic sized oring. 

Edit: sorry, I don't remember the oring specs at the moment. 

Hmm, just pulled that off, and the wrench flats almost seem to have a bit of a curvature. I can't get a crescent wrench to tighten up on it.

Yep. There's a little grub screw holding the "spinning fill collar." Take out that grub screw and the fill collar slides off. That leaves the wrench flats of the gauge exposed. That's actually the way that I've degassed mine when necessary. Slowly and carefully loosen the gauge until air starts leaking, and then let it slowly empty before loosening any further (safety and all that). There's just a simple oring in a groove sealing the gauge. I replaced mine with one from a cheapo harbor freight oring assortment at one point, so it's not a very exotic sized oring. 

Edit: sorry, I don't remember the oring specs at the moment.

Managed to get the air gauge off - yep, one side of the o-ring has been completely flattened.

However, the whole air tube can be rotated by hand - like if you tried to snug the gauge back up, the whole air tube will spin, albeit with a little bit of resistance, but not much. Is that normal?

The air tube is threaded back at the breech block and can only spin until it's tight. . There are some photos on this link that might help.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/veteran-long-22-plenum-install-and-outcome/?referrer=1

Now, the fill port assembly can and will rotate until you fill the air tube with air. ie, if you want the fill probe to point straight down, or off to the right or the left, you can rotate it into that position when the gun is empty of air. Once it's filled up though, that fill probe hole will stay put. 

Yep, I was using the wrong terminology. It is indeed the fill port assembly that was moving around.

Guessing I will need to put the fill probe in the fill port in order to hold the assembly in place to tighten the gauge?

Yeah, fill probe works as a handy little leverage point for getting the gauge tight. You shouldn't need to really wrench on the gauge though, just snug has always been sufficient on mine. 

Yep, I was using the wrong terminology. It is indeed the fill port assembly that was moving around.

Guessing I will need to put the fill probe in the fill port in order to hold the assembly in place to tighten the gauge?

Yeah, fill probe works as a handy little leverage point for getting the gauge tight. You shouldn't need to really wrench on the gauge though, just snug has always been sufficient on mine.

Awesome. Not planning on putting a gorilla grip on it, just wanted to make sure I'm not gonna screw it up by using the port as a minor leverage tool.