Tuning Taipan Veteran 25 caliber long

Hi,

Have you increased your hammer spring? If you turn it in (clockwise from the rear) to excess the spring goes solid and the hammer will not hook on the sear (lever will not stay back while cocking).

Have you played with your trigger adjustment? If that gets adjusted incorrectly the hammer will not hook onto the sear.

BTW, the anti-double load feature will prevent the magazine from rotating unless the airgun is fired. It works off of the air pressure of the discharge of the pellet. If you can't get the hammer to function, the magazine will not rotate.

Just a start. I'm sure others will chime in.

Enjoy,

Nugria

Hello guy's, I did not touch hammer spring or the trigger adjustment. I was out at the Desert range here in Pahrump shooting 

at cans and all of a sudden my magazine stop rotating and lever would not lock back to allow me to insert a magazine or my single shot tray.

Don't know what really happen. It just stop working. phanks for all your ideas and suggestions still having problems.

I do not have a Taipan but I had to increase the sear engagement once on my P35 because I could not cock it. It was early in it's life and I had previously decreased the sear engagement to lighten the trigger pull. I gave the sear engagement screw a fraction of a rotation and all was well. It seems plausible your trigger parts wore in a little bit and you need to adjust the trigger too.

It could be as simple as needing a bit more sear engagement, which would be done by turning the adjustment screw counter clockwise, try about an eighth of a turn.

If that doesn't correct it, then you probably need to adjust the preload on the sears. This is done with the 2 screws in the rear, the ones they warn you not to turn. Sorry, but sometimes you may need to adjust them.

Hello guys, like before thanks for all the suggestions. Here's what I done so far. I removed the cocking arm and looked at the assembly

took apart the cocking assembly clean it and replaced it. It performed great for a minute then it stop rotating again. So to be clean are you

Suggesting that i look at the trigger mechanism to make adjustments.

Hi Long,

Are you firing a pellet each time (into something suitable) you work the cocking handle? The anti double feed mechanism will prevent the magazine from indexing unless you fire a pellet with adequate energy. (You may know this but I'm just checking.) There is no need to play with the trigger mechanism if the hammer is now catching on the sear.

If you are firing a pellet and the magazine is still not indexing, check the end of the indexing arm for a small ball bearing. There should be one that catches the indexing star. If the ball is missing there will be no indexing. If this isn't clear let us know. I'll take a photo and add it to the post.

Good luck,

Nugria

Hello guy's, I did not touch hammer spring or the trigger adjustment. I was out at the Desert range here in Pahrump shooting 

at cans and all of a sudden my magazine stop rotating and lever would not lock back to allow me to insert a magazine or my single shot tray.

Don't know what really happen. It just stop working. phanks for all your ideas and suggestions still having problems.

I suspect that the rod that connects the trigger to the trigger mechanism has come loose. This happened with one of mine and it wouldn't cock. I rarely use magazines so don't know if they weren't advancing. I think you might be focusing on the magazine mechanism when that little allen bolt that holds the trigger rod is the problem. 

I circled it in blue here, it holds the rod that goes back to the trigger (blue arrow). Gun won't cock and therefore magazine won't advance if that little bolt has loosened up and the rod is just sliding. 

2022-03-28_06h59_51.1648476065.jpg