• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan veteran 2 my thoughts

. NOTE: Update 7/4 - I was too quick in my early assessments regarding the moderation, upon further review, the moderation appears equitable to the original. I've been using an additional huggett on my original set up for quite some time and it made the gen 2 appear louder than it really is. I have added a terry cloth strip around both collars and will see if it muffles the bark further.

Last edited:
final initial thoughts, cocking lever is boss! Absolutley beautiful. moderator was not as good as I hoped. Trigger is the same. Power is definitely there, no added plenum needed. Will shoot slugs nicely. I personally will tone down the power currently for my purposes. In the end so far, It met or exceeded my expectations. I also understand my desire's are not necessarily shared by other Taipan owners. I was worried about the floating barrel and the mod effectiveness and cocking lever feel. 2 out of 3 are quite fine, mod, I can work on.

Last edited:
Could you post a close up picture of the cocking handle length? It looks quite short in your video as compared to other manufacturers handles. It looks to be more like a knob? However, I guess that's fine too if it's not really any advantage to having a longer handle? Based on your video it would probably be in the way of your trigger hand too. Is the handle swappable to the other side too?

Reactions: rangur1
It is reversable, the handle / know is barely an inch , maybe 15/16" but it is big feeling, you put your fingers there it just seems to be there, hard to miss if that makes any sense.

IMG_6303.JPG

Thanks for the review. I couldn’t see down the shroud very well but are the baffles in backwards by any chance? It almost looks like they are reversed 180*?
I finally took a serious look at the mod assembly. I was incorrect in my initial reporting. Was rushing around work, apologies. Here is the accurate report you seek brother.