Taipan vet long .25, keeps gettin better!

If I had to keep one gun it would be the taipan. Tonight I sat on the deck and hit 10 for 10 black birds from 105 out to 120 yards. This is with a element scope, donny fl, and a speed dialer. Thats it. Ive got atleast 1000 pellets through it and never even cleaned it. I set the speed dialer for 895 fps and its never budged. Ive got a huma reg, two plenums and a heavy spring here but I dont even think Im going to bother. What a great gun!

53A1C9C3-56C1-4A47-B79D-B79D8F8D094A.jpeg

that's great! What is the shot count on that dude? And what is the overall length?
Not too sure on the oal at the moment, but plenty compact compared to my others! At basically 900fps I havent run a complete string but I dont seem to have any issues with 4 mags ( 40 shots). This is my grab and go gun. It never needs rezero’d, tinkered with or even cleaned. Rediculous quiet as well!

If I had to keep one gun it would be the taipan. Tonight I sat on the deck and hit 10 for 10 black birds from 105 out to 120 yards. This is with a element scope, donny fl, and a speed dialer. Thats it. Ive got atleast 1000 pellets through it and never even cleaned it. I set the speed dialer for 895 fps and its never budged. Ive got a huma reg, two plenums and a heavy spring here but I dont even think Im going to bother. What a great gun!

View attachment 276951
Great shooting! dont put those parts in! just leave it, the rifles are great as is, any time we see issues is when people mess with internals with parts like that.

Great shooting! dont put those parts in! just leave it, the rifles are great as is, any time we see issues is when people mess with internals with parts like that.
Agree. My factory Taipan reg is the most consistent I own. If it wears out, I'll rebuild it rather than replace with anything else.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Will the standard or compact taipan veteran shoot 33.95gr JSBs out of the box? Or is that only the veteran long?
you can, but have to keep in mind the relative power levels. the 25 cal shorty maxes about 42 FPE. the standard about 50FPE and the long 60FPE. The longer the barrel the farther you can send those pellets. Also, the longer the barrel/ model , the quieter it is at the same power levels. I found the 25.4g pellets made to order for the shorty which matches it in weight to polymags and hades/atomics .

you can, but have to keep in mind the relative power levels. the 25 cal shorty maxes about 42 FPE. the standard about 50FPE and the long 60FPE. The longer the barrel the farther you can send those pellets. Also, the longer the barrel/ model , the quieter it is at the same power levels. I found the 25.4g pellets made to order for the shorty which matches it in weight to polymags and hades/atomics .
So the veteran king can shoot 34gr jsb since 34gr at 880 is 58.5 FPe

The vet standard shoots the 34gr at 814 fps to get 50FPE. Still accurate at that speed?

And vet short shoots the 25.4s.

So the veteran king can shoot 34gr jsb since 34gr at 880 is 58.5 FPe

The vet standard shoots the 34gr at 814 fps to get 50FPE. Still accurate at that speed?

And vet short shoots the 25.4s.
Pretty much as a general guide. The shorty is awesome- with the right pellet. The long has more range with the 34g JSB. Standard can do as well but little bit louder and maybe get extra FPE with plenum and heavier hammer spring. But stock. You have it pretty accurate.