• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan Taipan Vet II Tactical Owners, I have some questions.

I’m going to purchase a new rifle and I’ve narrowed down my search to two manufacturers, a Taipan Veteran II Tactical or the RTI P3. These two guns seem to check the boxes to handle either pellets for target shooting and slugs for varmint hunting; Well made and adjustable.

I have a few questions. Are you satisfied with your Taipan Vet II Tactical ? Does the hammer spring adjuster give you the ability to fine tune a particular pellet or slug. How much FPS variance does the hammer spring give you? And are you satisfied with its accuracy? Please feel free to add an additional information you think I should know about this rifle.

Thank you for your input,

WPM

My rifle is a Vet 1, but I think your question relates to identical parts of the two designs. When you refer to "fine tuning", I assume you need only a small adjustment to velocity. Strictly speaking, yes, the Vet HST adjustment covers a wider range than many. But as always, to maintain the best tuning balance, adjustment to the reg set point may be necessary. Between the two, I think you can handle any tuning need for pellets. Regarding slugs, I can't comment since I haven't tried them in my Vet. But my guess, any specialized slug rifle probably needs a different barrel profile as compared to pellet barrels. But others with specific experience may offer a different opinion.
And lastly yes, accuracy is excellent in my Vet.

I also have a Vet 1. Recently found that for me, the HST adjuster is best used for fine tuning. Find a good regulator to hammer setting for a particular pellet to yield the best accuracy and leave it at that setting. Maybe I can move the HST an 1/8 of a turn or so and still maintain excellent accuracy.

If I have a good reg to hammer setting at say 850 fps with good accuracy, my accuracy goes down when I turn the HST down a whole turn to try to shoot 750 fps with the same pellet.

I recently replaced the regulator with a Huma to make tuning easier.

También tengo un Vet 1. Recientemente descubrí que, para mí, el ajustador HST se utiliza mejor para realizar ajustes finos. Encuentre un buen regulador para martillar la configuración para un pellet en particular para obtener la mejor precisión y déjelo en esa configuración. Tal vez pueda mover el HST aproximadamente 1/8 de vuelta y aún así mantener una precisión excelente.

Si tengo un buen registro para martillar, digamos a 850 fps con buena precisión, mi precisión disminuye cuando bajo el HST una vuelta completa para intentar disparar a 750 fps con el mismo perdigón.

Recientemente reemplacé el regulador por un Huma para facilitar la sintonización.
Mis saludos tengo ambos taipan veteranos los dos cal 25 largos el veterano 2 táctico es igual al taipan veterano de primera generación en cuanto a sus ajuste de pontecia pero el veterano 2 táctico de 700mm es preciso tanto con los jsb de 34 grs como con los nsa slug y el veterano de primera generación no es tan bueno con los slug como lo es el veterano 2 táctico

Reactions: Jairow