Taipan Vet Help: leaking!

Hi all, just took my STOCK taipan out of the case after a few weeks of letting it sit just to find that it was sitting right around 90 or 100 bar (I always leave enough air in the cylinder, usually at leave 150 to 200 bar no little no more). I assume it's a regulator leak? lubricant being pushed out of the reg vent hole just behind that on the seam where the air cylinder is connected to the main block of the rifle. filled the gun to 210 bar and it slowly leaked back to below reg pressure over about an hours time. I've owned the gun for 18 months (bought brand new) and have never taken it apart or done any major modifications (other than the speed dialer addition). so I've read many of the other posts on this same topic however, they had replaced the regulator for the HUMA reg and had problems.

SO
is this just a regulator/ O ring issue? could the reg alignment have shifted somehow?
I haven't taken the gun apart yet as i haven't had time and wanted to get a potential solution for before doing so
thanks everyone!

First I would fill it and use soap to find where it leaking from. No use taking the gun apart without knowing for sure where it’s leaking. Also put a ballon over the end of the barrel to see if the valve is leaking.
if you see it leaking from the regulator weep hole, it’s time for a reg rebuild.

First I would fill it and use soap to find where it leaking from. No use taking the gun apart without knowing for sure where it’s leaking. Also put a ballon over the end of the barrel to see if the valve is leaking.
if you see it leaking from the regulator weep hole, it’s time for a reg rebuild.
great advice, thank you!

Just swab it like a giant gun barrel. Remember, lint is your enemy. You shouldn’t need a new reg unless you were pumping water into it. Remember, wipe everything down and no lint. After you apply silicone to orings when assembling, inspect for any kind of lint or debris before you put it together. Also remember the proper sequence for tightening the Allen screws holding the barrel and tube.

Reactions: erapp1214
I'll be checking mine (Taipan) tomorrow, after a week of being filled, cocked, and locked (in battery, ready to fire) as they say.

Looking for any sort of leak. Including the regulator. Some call it "regulator creep", in reality...it's a..."leak !" Also checking for the first three shots for pellet speed (as compared to previous to the week long rest) after sitting the week.

Expect the findings, maybe in the 4 or 5pm range tomorrow (Monday).

Mike

very interesting... I found a lot of dirt, and some calcified-looking white powdery stuff all over the inside of the gun (presumably when I first got into PCPs and was filling with a cheap air pump for far too long). I've since gotten a personal compressor and the big gold filter. damage was done long ago.. hopefully, I can get this thing back together and shooting soon. gonna have to tear down and clean the reg too.

How does one take this out? Been having trouble putting the gun back together after cleaning and now can’t get this piece out now as I did no seat something correctly and now there’s a bit of a rattle right in front of the regulator. Thanks!
35DACC9E-D6BD-4827-BE91-DD57B00EAB54.jpeg