Taipan shorty in a Standard stock 😎

Blair awesome job I love it ❗❕

Have you shot it yet?

Thanks for posting 👊

1589325870_9637160895ebb302ecd5344.53036228.jpg

Resurrection of a very old thread.....

Right now my youngest son is using the action with the trigger rod from the Short. So I don't need to worry about it for a couple years, but eventually he'll need to transition to the longer LOP of the Standard.

Wondering if anybody has had the nerve to try this same feat (Shorty action in a Standard stock) by lengthening the trigger rod?

Nice job on the standard stocks . My shorty will stay compact at 23.5" . I doubt I will ever touch the reg on either short or standard.

How long will a poppet last when leaving the reg in the factory settings ? Thanks.

I've seen one failed poppet in a Veteran, and it was NOT an OEM poppet. The failed poppet was a self-proclaimed machining experts shoddy attempt at what he considered a whiz-bang improvement over the OEM Taipan poppet. When I see stuff come up for sale made or "tuned" or machined by him, I cringe. And no I'm not outing him, suffice it to say he WAS much more active in the past than he is now, and occasionally somebody will come along trying to offload his handiwork.

On a happier note, my Vet Long in .22 is around 8000 shots at 45-50fpe, and still running on the OEM valve and poppet. And yes, I increased the reg pressure to get here.

The issues seem to arise when guys start dremeling on the valve face to "improve flow" or put monstrous hammer springs in.

More in line with this topic......

A gen 1 Vet Short can be fitted to the aluminum stock meant for a Standard or a Long.....

You have to steal the scope tower/air tube clamps and trigger rod from a Standard, and add one plenum to the Short's tube. The aluminum forend section is about 1/8" proud of the gauge shield at the end of the air tube.

The barrel here is also a bit longer than a regular Vet Short barrel. If using an OEM length Vet Short barrel, the shroud, air tube, and aluminum forend would all be the same length (within 1/8" anyway).

Screenshot_20240412-103744.png