TAIPAN REPORT

"davidsng"I've been thinking about one of these. Got groups? What the shorty in .25 shot count?
Mine is a .22. Here’s a 5 shot group at 30 yards. Please forgive the flyer, bad trigger pull on my part. 
1523577646_714574235acff32e2fdec5.89725393_7E06AC88-24E2-4FAB-BC97-AB0B3703861D.jpeg

"Mick-VA"@oldmanblue nice hydrographic on stock. Who did the work for you? Well done. I bought an extra stock so I can have it reshaped and further skeletonized. On the hunt for a good gunstock woodworker. Any tips/leads would be awesome.
Have you done the skeleton yet? Need pics! I will need an extra stock if I keep it, mine came with some imperfections, and I want to get rid of the side rails. 

"intenseaty22"I must admit, I was not a fan of the stock when I first saw them. But, I gotta tell y’all, they’ve grown on me. Actually like them now. It’s the lever all the way in the back that is the thing I like the least. 
Exactly why mine eventually got sold and I went with a Compatto and FX Wildcat. Both perfect for my Southpaw shooting.

Based on previous discussion of heavy pellets, I took out the .22 JSBs in 34gr and did a little shooting. Further testing is needed, but here is what I came up with after doing a bit of hammer adjustment. x5 Shots at 30 yards. 
1523650703_18775637595ad1108f26efa2.68086493_AD7B05F8-44E8-4B76-98EF-8AD037EB4512.jpeg

POA was the corner I am pointing to, the first shot is the “Flyer” the other 4 went right into the same hole. 

***EDIT****

Please forgive me as I think this is not correct. I think this was the JSBs 25. Will post further testing below. 

built like no other..... i have the veteran short .22..... sweet spot for me is regulator at 110bar....pellet jsb exact heavy 18.13gr....speed 820fps..... love that anti double pellet feed....trigger you can adjust it EASILY and the way you like it....supressor can do better but at that power its ok..... best carry on gun..... from 240 to 110, gave me 50 shots.... i have a 90 meters shot recorded thru the scope in a windy day...

"davidsng"I've had a lot of luck with those Baracuda Power 21.14 grain (copper plated) in several other guns. They don't get chew up in rough barrels. Great info. Thanks!
i tried all barracuda match sub-calibers and i chose the 5.51 because of the groups i did..... but get surprised when i recorded a slow motion group and it was a nice group but 7 out of 10 pellets made spirals..... when i move the target from 30 to 50 meters, it was disgusting.......

LIKES ( will update )

Magazine: Simple, no spring, no loading pellets backwards, no moving parts. Deep!, I can load the H/N Hornets or Predator Polymags Regulars no problem. 

Quiet: Shroud is very effective, almost no discernible difference without the moderator. 

Trigger: I’m not a trigger snob, but most people, including notable tunners, rave about it’s trigger. 

Update on my Taipan Veteran: Been playing with the idea of selling, mostly to fund another rather large purchase, so I was doing some testing for a potential buyer. Below find some of the results. Will update as I can. 

Filled gun to 250 Bar. Just finished shooting it down to roughly 95 Bar. Got 75 accurate shots. After that POI started shifting. Now, some of those shots were on the Chrony, most not. So I don't know what speeds it kept throughout the whole fill, besides, I was playing with the hammer spring here and there. I can tell you that a 3 shot string of AAs 16 Gr went out at 777, 777, 776 and all three into the same hole at 30. 

As part of this potential sale, it was suggested by the other party that my barrel was not an authentic CZ barrel (will post separately on that) I'm no expert on airguns, so all I could do is some homework and realize that my barrel is in fact a CZ. And if it were not to be, I would love to find out who makes them, cause, DAMN! this thing is spot on.