Taipan owners....

I think there are members of this forum who can fabricate replacement parts. There's not a lot of stuff to break!

That said, I am really glad I bought taipan mutant magazines when I bought my rifle, those seem impossible to find now, and taipan doesn't even show the mutant on their website anymore.

This is the truth -- I have been looking everywhere for .22 Mutant magazines for my newly acquired .22 Mutant Shorty.

So far, the only responses I've received are scammers (which btw... there are TONS of them. It's only a matter of time before I get desperate enough or stupid enough to fall for one).

Until then, words out, I'm looking for .22 mutant mags! Just got the one, and am loving this platform.

Own three here too. For almost five years. Not one single problem. Buy one. This forum is slowly becoming woke about Taipans. Better investment than money in a savings account.

+1

20220311_161944.1647434379.jpg

No worries. Taipan moved it’s assembly operation to the Czech Republic some time back. Parts production could also be moved, it just may take time to spool up with local vendors.

Taipan- perhaps the most awesome air rifle made today!

What he said +

BULLET PROJECT s.r.o.

Ostrava, Czech Republic,

+420 777 836 378

[email protected]

Czech Republic is part of EU...So no worries...

In the past month I've tried most current "smaller" .22 bullpups that appeal to me in a similar price range to the Vet: Vulcan 3, Cricket 2 Tactical, Uragan Compact.

The Uragan is the most ergonomic and a great 20-23 fpe airgun. The C2T is amazingly accurate 18s@920fps and 1/4" groups at 40 yards. But something just wasn't ticking all the buttons. 

I got a Veteran .22 Shorty from Tony this week and all my boxes are ticked again. Quiet, accurate, powerful, robust, anti-double feed. Still one of the best triggers out there in airguns, and it hasn't had a single design change in the 5 years I've been back into airguns.

In the past month I've tried most current "smaller" .22 bullpups that appeal to me in a similar price range to the Vet: Vulcan 3, Cricket 2 Tactical, Uragan Compact.

The Uragan is the most ergonomic and a great 20-23 fpe airgun. The C2T is amazingly accurate 18s@920fps and 1/4" groups at 40 yards. But something just wasn't ticking all the buttons. 

I got a Veteran .22 Shorty from Tony this week and all my boxes are ticked again. Quiet, accurate, powerful, robust, anti-double feed. Still one of the best triggers out there in airguns, and it hasn't had a single design change in the 5 years I've been back into airguns.

This is similar to what I've seen others say. I have a feeling this rifle is going to turn my Dreamline into a closet ornament.