• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

taipan mutant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Don't worry some of the members here speak very little English and use google translate also. Your airgun YouTube channel is one of the best I have seen in terms of technical information. I am always looking for the next gun review from you.

What is your opinion on Taipan Mutant? The "manufacturer" is known to be as a somewhat controversial company. Threads like this one http://airgunnation.dev/topic/now-kajan-mutant/ come up on them all the time on many forums http://airgunnation.dev/topic/taipan-2/

You had a chance to open the rifle up and see how it is made compared to Cricket, FX Wildcat and the Vulcan. What are your thoughts on these Mutant bullpups?

thanks

Q#2: In your video as mentioned before you show that the barrel on the Mutant and CZ200 are interchangeable and that is the same barrel. Is that correct to assume?

Q#3: People also report the trigger parts ware is extremely fast on these rifles. I think Sergey was the one that said it. The guy in Texas posting the same (Recently, the Mutant was sick. I couldn’t get the hammer to re-engage after shot. This happened after every several (5-6) shots. Then it got more severe in every 2-3 shots, and became mostly every shot. I opened the trigger-box plate and found the sears were engaged (without cocking), which prevented the hammer engagement. Although this does not pose any danger, it was annoying because I have to pull the trigger to disengage the sears first then cock the lever to engage the sears and the hammer for next shot)

I think Sniperqty gets really technical during his reviews, I think his is a very talented air gunner, most airgun reviewers have a bias as do most forums, and I feel he would be more welcomed at the TAG than here. With all that said due to the lack of subtitles or english all i can say that his videos look very technically sound, and he is an excellent shot at long distances. I wish i could understand what he was saying, because he has quite a few video out there on all the popular bull pups out there. Just can't understand what he is saying. I would also add some people change and some do not, judge a person on what they do today and not what they've done in there past. WWJD LOL.

I have a lot of pictures about Sarong manufacturing and I do not know how I add pictures soon there will be explained on YouTube

Howdy Sniper. Good to see you here. So it is Sarong after all that makes these? :) That is what was suggested on some forums. We are trying to get to the bottom of this where these guns are really made. All we know is that Taumaun is a registered reseller of paintball supplies in Ukraine, and not the manufacturer as they say they are. And that Taipan 2, was designed by a well known Russian airgun master for whom they provided parts - assuming from their Southeast Asia sources. They then took his work and patented it and cut him out of his own project, and made some small changes to the rifle calling it a Mutant. Thus he had to rework the design, simplify things and release something called a Raptor - a mutant sibling with different style trigger system. We also know that the barrels these guns came with into the USA labeled as made in Germany, were in fact Korean made barrels. And we also have a number of Mutant owners here who still are awaiting on the promised CZ replacement barrels. Some folks gave up on waitin and had their own LW barrels machined for them. That is all the information we have so far on these guns at this point.

FYI, You upload image links here and on many forums like this in between the IMG tags
728px-Upload-Images-in-BBCode-Step-4.jpg
from any image hosting websites like postimage.org imageshack.us for example. There are many of these file hosting web servers, and can even be your own ISP file sharing space too where you upload stuff on.

Anyway, please do continue with your report, we will help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.