• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan listened.

If they do, and taipan is listening, if possible please make the grip AR compatible.
Looks like that horse has left the barn. Personally, I hope they avoid anything that looks the least bit tactical, but I realize that many folks like it. I also notice, the engraving on the rifle pictured designates "Veteran II". Might that suggest that the current Veteran will remain in production?

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Жаль что барабанчик стал с пружинкой
Lost me on that one 🤔

A35C4244-DC3F-447A-8DB2-AE85EF46FA9D.png

Looks like that horse has left the barn. Personally, I hope they avoid anything that looks the least bit tactical, but I realize that many folks like it. I also notice, the engraving on the rifle pictured designates "Veteran II". Might that suggest that the current Veteran will remain in production?
Perhaps like the Leshiy classic & Leshiy 2, both being in production. But then there is the Vulcan where the Vulcan 2 replaced it. Hard to tell.... Also I am guessing the Vet 2 will cost more.

He’s talking about the magazine. Gone is the standard mag in place is a spring fed mag like an fx or the like. I myself preferred the original veteran magazine.

TBH that looks like the single shot tray that comes with the original vets.

If it is the new mag and it is spring fed mag, then the shot count of the mag could only possibly like 7 or 8 based on size, and that would be disappointing.

Reactions: Бородин
I agree with lots of what's already been said.

As many know, I'm a Veteran lover, and the rear cocking has not tempered how I feel about them.....

But with as many have been vocal about it needing mid-cocking I'm glad to see they are putting in the effort there. Until I handle one I'll pass on a final judgement, but just from the photos, the design they've come up with (cocking lever sticking out of the stock) screams Airmak's Caiman to me, and that's not a good thing.

Also, can it be swapped from side to side?

I would have preferred seeing a biathlon type lever with a drop handle, and placed a bit higher on the gun....

Some of the joys of shooting a rear-cocking Vet come from the buttery smoothness of the lever and the minimal amount of cocking effort needing for conservative fpe. Hope of all hopes is that this new configuration keeps the same bank vault feel during the act of cocking, as well as the minimal effort, as well as the quality trigger.