• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan listened.

The side cocking look low, but I think they did this because they don't want to re-design their tried and true cocking mechanism and magazine&cycles. Also, because it's low you don't have to let go of your grip to re-cock the next round. Not use to the look of low cocking, but I think there will more + than - than we might think.

Just imagine if you can cock the gun with ONLY your pointing finger!!! without ever letting go of your grip o_O

Reactions: rangur1
The side cocking look low, but I think they did this because they don't want to re-design their tried and true cocking mechanism and magazine&cycles. Also, because it's low you don't have to let go of your grip to re-cock the next round. Not use to the look of low cocking, but I think there will more + than - than we might think.

Just imagine if you can cock the gun with ONLY your pointing finger!!! without ever letting go of your grip o_O
I’ve killed literally thousands of pest with the rear cocking lever and had zero issues doing it. Will I buy a forward cocking lever Tiapan? Absolutely!

To each their own! I think the OG Veteran looks beautiful!
It got a lot prettier with the laminate stocks...that was what finally pushed me over the edge to try them a few years ago. I couldn't get myself to buy one when all they had were the plain, blocky stocks. Great shooting, highly reliable rifle - just not for me. I had about 3 or 4 of them and sold them all within a couple of months.

Reactions: UCChris
It got a lot prettier with the laminate stocks...that was what finally pushed me over the edge to try them a few years ago. I couldn't get myself to buy one when all they had were the plain, blocky stocks. Great shooting, highly reliable rifle - just not for me. I had about 3 or 4 of them and sold them all within a couple of months.
Thankfully we have tons of different platforms out there for everyone. I’ve shot them all and love the Tiapan platform, but completely understand they aren’t for everyone.

Thankfully, it’s nothing like a crown!
Thankfully the Tap tap is nothing like the Crown, where the action and mag where already up front of your face and ears and the Tap tap just getting a clue to moving the action from the rediculous far back end, maybe they'll get a clue and move the mag up too... not

Last edited:
Thankfully the Tap tap is nothing like the Crown, where the action and mag where already up front of your face and ears and the Tap tap just getting a clue to moving the action from the rediculous far back end, maybe they'll get a clue and move the mag up too... not
It's wonderful when humans show the little indications of our devolution.

You probably also think that pickup trucks should have enclosed beds, ie... trunks because it's silly that another vehicle doesn't have a trunk like the next.

Pistols should probably move the mag forward as well. A mortar should probably move the point of launch further toward the top of the tube too.

I think they should make hammers soft as well, I have no idea why hammers are hard and not of a pliable material.

Last edited:
Now all they have to do is move the mag up to the middle of the gun and lengthen it to a normal rife and call it a FX Crown :rolleyes:
??? Well, this gun will NEVER be as fragile as a crown. Your obviously not a fan of Taipan, so save the space and go bitch in one of the many FX posts where you would have experience to comment. I for one WILL acquire this new model as I'm a Taipan trustee. I don't waste my time trying to criticize FX, I had 7 , now I have NONE. That was my own choice for my own reasons. If you don't care for Taipan, fine. However, you can save your commentary so the Taipan folks can have a meaningful correspondence.

Back to Taipan fans. Right of the bat removal of the stock will be trickier with the cocking lever running through it. The squared part of the shroud ends with a band around the air tube to stabilize it versus the 12 screw bracket assembly of the original. Lastly, did they move the reg forward in the tube so as to eliminate the need for an additional plenum. Going to watch IWA with great interest.

Hims loves hims crowny, don’t hims? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Ahh butt hurt fans of the tap tap need to bitch, obviously tap tap saw the mistake of having the stupid cocking arm all the way back to end of the midget rifle and moved it up but no one will admit to that mistake, useless field rifle for hunting while your pray flip you off as you try to get your hand back to cock again. I'm entitled to my intelligence opinion butt hurts so enjoy

Ahh butt hurt fans of the tap tap need to bitch, obviously tap tap saw the mistake of having the stupid cocking arm all the way back to end of the midget rifle and moved it up but no one will admit to that mistake, useless field rifle for hunting while your pray flip you off as you try to get your hand back to cock again. I'm entitled to my intelligence opinion butt hurts so enjoy
You've got to be the biggest clown on the whole forum.

The rear cocking is a non issue with hunting , well as long as you know how to shoot. It's ok that you dont.

You've got to be the biggest clown on the whole forum.

The rear cocking is a non issue with hunting , well as long as you know how to shoot. It's ok that you dont.
O no hurry up fan boy, lol
Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 11.55.31 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 11.56.05 AM.jpg

Ahh, the keyboard warrior makes an appearance. I have read many posts throughout this forum and came across many of YOUR responses / comments. You offer next to nothing on anything except FX stuff. And at that, it’s just parroting what other, more knowledgeable members have already stated. Gee, the Taipan or as you say “tap tap” has a rear cocking lever that’s why it’s inferior. Well that’s only been known and mentioned for the last 5 years genius! Thanks for the hot tip. A few of my friends who are longtime members in high regard have mentioned what a little troll you are. So, learn the hobby and try to contribute some research of your OWN . Instead of texting out of boredom.