Tuning Taipan Buttstocks

So now I have two of them - a .22 and a recently purchased .177

I'd really like the butt stock to be an inch or so longer. Googling around just now I came across this, and it looks killer. I actually joined that forum just so I could PM the guy that I'm guessing made it but it doesn't appear as though he's been active there for the last 5 or 6 months. Name is Scott. That wouldn't be you Scott ( @motorhead ) would it?? I'd buy two of 'em in a heartbeat ( so long as the price is reasonable )

Do any of you know where a decent butt stock can be had for these? I actually don't even care if it's adjustable - that would be a plus - mostly I'm just looking for a little extra length.

Me too! I hate being scrunched up and most guns are scrunchers for me.

The base plate, securely attached to the butt of the gun with several screws, is 1/2" aluminum plate with numerous holes drilled and tapped (10-24) yielding numerous height and right offset positions. It's comfortable to shoulder, correct head alignment (upright, what a concept), and proper scope picture.

You can make one! Once the plate is rough cut and final shaped, you already have a template, pick a distance and placement between holes then start drilling and tapping always maintaining that distance. You can attach any final shoulder piece to the base plate after that just observing the holes spacing.

This was my first stab at making one and it's good enough even though some screw holes got close to each other, no bigee. I wanted to increase LOP and 1/2" AL plate did that AND have me plenty material to thread into.

Yes, that's indoor / outdoor carpeting glued to the final interface and it's works. Not slippery and not sticky.

This looks pretty damned good to me too... https://www.amazon.com/Bisley-Adjustable-Buttplate-Recoil-Rubber/dp/B007WFJY3K/ref=sr_1_1?crid=M37JD0TYUSRK&dchild=1&keywords=bisley+adjustable+buttplate&qid=1619521476&sprefix=bisley+adjust%2Caps%2C230&sr=8-1

20210427_054522.1619528345.jpg

20210427_054748.1619528385.jpg

20210427_054858.1619528412.jpg