Taipan 700mm barrel. Anyone order one yet ? I just did.

Just placed an order for the 700mm cz barrel for my taipan. Very exciting!

My taipan currently has the LW barrel and it has been super accurate. Especially after I got it re crowned by motorhead. Not that it wasn't accurate before, but seeing a perfect crown on the barrel makes me feel good about the gun.

Currently my reg is set to only 120 bar and I'm getting 950+ with jsb 18gr and 1000+ with hades lol. I do have a power plenum installed. Should be very interesting to see what all that extra barrel length does. I'll finally get to see what the fabled CZ barrel is all about.

Anyone else get one ordered?

20200921_175204.1601662506.jpg

I've not ordered one but am quite intrigued by them. 

I'm excited to see your report. 

I'm curious to see if they have even a slight choke. Also wondering about the twist rate as well as bore size. 

Would be very interested in how they shoot the 25.4gr JSB monster RDs. 

Taipans instagram page specifically noted that these new 700mm barrels are optimized for the .22 rimfire looking slugs (I think they might be Altaros slugs?) So it'll be interesting to see how they do with the very cost effective NSA cone shaped slugs. 

There's not been much info released on them yet. Again, highly anticipating your results. 

I wonder if this 700mm barrel will fit my .22 Mutant?

The magazine holders are on my wish list as well.

Come to think of it the Veteran barrel will not fit the Mutant, as the Mutant barrel is held in place at the transfer port by a grub screw from above the barrel. The Veteran barrel is threaded and screws into place over the transfer port.