• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan 700mm barrel. Anyone order one yet ? I just did.

Lol. Yea its a lot of barrel.

So I shot a little bit in the dark.

Reg is around 120 bar. I had turned it down from its factory setting a while back.

18.13 jsb maxed out at 1026fps.

NSA 17.5 .2165maxed out at 996fps

NSA 20.2 .217 maxed out at 916fps

JsB 25.4 knockouts maxed out at 830fps.

Accuracy with jsb 18gr at 30 yards in the dark is same as the LW barrel. Pellet on pellet. Had to turn the hammer spring down quite a bit to get it under 900fps.

Didn't really have any luck grouping any of the lighter weight slugs. Then again is was dark and couldn't see what I was doing. I do have a heavier hammer spring on the way. And I will most likely add another plenum and up the reg to 140-150 bar. Got a feeling this barrel was meant to shoot heavier weight slugs. 

I might try getting some .22 jsb redesigns and see if I could make this gun a 45fpe .22

The slugs did go in pretty snug. Felt equal to the LW barrel.

Taipan Vet Sniper edition lol.

That is a tanto sitting at the end. Definitely not a compact gun anymore. Soon I will adjust my reg pressure back up. Also ordered 10 tins of .22 jsb redesigns. If it don't like the NSA that I ordered. Then I will enjoy this one as a 45 fpe pellet shooter. I'll wait for the taipan slugs to arrive on US soil.

20201010_091902.1602349443.jpg

.216's 'eh? ( hmmmmm 😏 . . . ) I've been shooting nothing but slugs with my .22 long (LW) barrel and was originally shooting jsb ko's (.216's). They grouped "alright" and indeed took out a number of wood chucks. My longest chuck is with those actually @154 yards. ( I've got a huma reg in it set at 140 bar and the heavier hammer spring also )

( .... time passes ) I see a video where some guy is having really good luck shooting the H&N slugs - 23g's in particular - so I figure I'll give them a go and see how they do. ( knowing that being a little lighter they might not hit quite as hard as the jsb 25's . . . but - we'll see ) Holy crap - these things are *stupid accurate" compared to the ko's. These are all I shoot with it now . . .

Here's the kicker -- the H&N's are .217's. Don't ask me how or why I didn't notice the size discrepancy when I bought them but . . . whatever. Apparently my LW barrel likes the .217's better. A LOT better.

( ....  up to present time ) So now I've got one of these 700mm barrels coming in and still happen to have a stash of the jsb ko's in .216 sitting here. I've been wondering what I'm going to need to feed it.

Cool. 👍 💪 😊

Mine finally showed up. ( it was supposed to have been here Saturday . . . ) Yowza - yeah - that's a lotta barrel . . . lol!! I've got the gun back together now with both the power plenum and new barrel installed. Hopefully I'll be able to find some time ( and available daylight after work . . . ;( ) to shoot it / monkey around with it / see if it's objectionably noisier w/out the moderator on it. I kinda really don't want to add the moderator to it - man it is long now . . . lol