Taipan .25 long is deadly!

OK, I was inspired.

I shot the Taipan yesterday at outdoor local range. Wind was 3-6 MPH on the Kestrel. Shot eight 5-shot groups. 

50 Yards.

IMG_5351.1645053741.jpg

How hard was it to get the stock barrel shroud cap off? I got the Donnyfl adapter today and tried to get the cap off with a pin wrench and it did not budge. Loctite ?

if it sticks like that put the 2 pins in the end and take a pair of pliers , I used needle nose grab the shroud with your other hand and it should break loose with moderate pressure. There should be NO locktite on it. 

How hard was it to get the stock barrel shroud cap off? I got the Donnyfl adapter today and tried to get the cap off with a pin wrench and it did not budge. Loctite ?

if it sticks like that put the 2 pins in the end and take a pair of pliers , I used needle nose grab the shroud with your other hand and it should break loose with moderate pressure. There should be NO locktite on it.

If you have one, a golf glove works great for extra grip on the shroud 🖐

Works on stubborn pickle jars too !

Some really nice Taipans on this thread. 

As an aside, there is another post on AGN “ Average Joe accuracy…,” whereby the OP describes some accuracy issues with his Brocock while shooting from the bench at 50 yards. As it turns out he removed his moderator and the groups tightened up. It appears there was an issue with the moderator. 

I am curious if anyone has tried different moderators with their Taipan Long .25 platform and if so, did you detect any accuracy issues with any of the moderators you tried? I have the Donny KOI .30 cal moderator on my Taipan Long and I am not not perceiving any accuracy change if I have it on or off, while shooting the gun.