Taipan .25 long is deadly!

Couldnt ask for a better gun. I shot this today in a “ hunting” situation, seated off the knee. This is one mag (10 shots) jsb 34gr at 60 yards. All my other pcp’s are going to collect dust lol. I havent even cleaned the barrel, this is out of the box. 
1ED0D5F7-C440-4E7F-B841-8CFF635D2429.1644778849.jpeg

Eric, nice taste in guns.

I have the Taipan .25 Long also and the gun and quality are superb! Q. What velocity are you shooting the JSB 34g at and what is your Taipan reg set to here? I shoot mine with the JSB 34G at around 880-890 FPS. I can't quite seem to get 1/2" or better at 50 yards, but it could be 1) the wind, 2) it might need a different tweak or different velocity with the speed dialer or most likely 3) it might be me !! Have I given enough excuses here?? 

Tom

IMG_5232.1644780895.jpg

IMG_5334.1644780944.jpg

IMG_5335.1644780956.jpg

Nice gun too!!! Im identical to you. 890-895fps mk2. Reg is factory, 140 bar I believe? The koi actually tighten things up a bit. Without it, groups open up a hair. I shot at 80 and 100 yards using and actual rest ( not my knee) and at 100 it was under 3/4”, but DEAD calm conditions. When the wind picks up, that group opens to probably 1.500” at 100. At 40 yards breezy, its one single hole.

That’s helpful information.

Tony replaced my Taipan Reg with a Huma ( had an issue with the original which is highly unusual I believe) and although I don’t have a reg tester the gun falls off at 90-100 BAR after shooting an entire shot string from 250 BAR max fill. I use it for backyard squirrels and Benchrest at mostly 50 yards. I am a lefty and switched the side lever to the left side. I always shoot with the KOI also. 

I think yours ( and you shooting) is a bit more accurate than mine, but I do need to try shooting in a no/slight wind day. 

Yeah, the Taipan Long .25 is a great gun with excellent accuracy. I've had mine for almost two years. I get best accuracy with JSB 25's at around 910 fps. The JSB 34's max out at about 880 fps,and are also very accurate at that speed.

If it's not too windy, I can count on 1/2" 5-shot groups at 50 yards from the bench, more times than not with both the JSB 25's and 34's.

The only changes I made were adding Sumo, DonnyFL Speed Dialer, and a Huma with reg set at 130 bar.

100 bar? Hmm.. Im gonna do a full shot string. I stopped shooting at around 140 bar just assuming. I got pretty much 4 mags from it. Does that seem normal? I wasnt shooting over a chrono, and noticed no poi change after 40 shots.

Yours is shooting very accurately. It’s tempting to adjust, but I would resist maybe…

I filled to 250 Bar and put my FX Radar Chrono on the KOI. I was using the 25g at the time. It was a long time ago but I got a lot of shots and the velocity dropped a lot at approximately at 90-100 BAR. I believe it was 65 shots or so before this occurred. I think the 25g were flying at 915 FPS, perhaps a bit slower. 

I guess I could adjust the reg and set it to around 140 BAR, but not sure it will be any more accurate. 

100 bar? Hmm.. Im gonna do a full shot string. I stopped shooting at around 140 bar just assuming. I got pretty much 4 mags from it. Does that seem normal? I wasnt shooting over a chrono, and noticed no poi change after 40 shots.

Yours is shooting very accurately. It’s tempting to adjust, but I would resist maybe…

I filled to 250 Bar and put my FX Radar Chrono on the KOI. I was using the 25g at the time. It was a long time ago but I got a lot of shots and the velocity dropped a lot at approximately at 90-100 BAR. I believe it was 65 shots or so before this occurred. I think the 25g were flying at 915 FPS, perhaps a bit slower. 

I guess I could adjust the reg and set it to around 140 BAR, but not sure it will be any more accurate. 

I hear ya, its tempting to mod, but for what? Damn thing shoots better than me lol. I could see doing a plenum though, prob could squeeze another mag out of it. 

@vmaxpro, the gun looks sweets, and those ten at 60 yards, off your knee! Wow, really good shooting. Looking forward to hearing more as you continue using it.

Thanks Luis! You know Im a brocock fan at heart, but this Taipan really won me over! The trigger is a joy too. BUT, I think my bantam is much more comfortable to shoot!

I have the Taipan .25 Long also and the gun and quality are superb! Q. What velocity are you shooting the JSB 34g at and what is your Taipan reg set to here? I shoot mine with the JSB 34G at around 880-890 FPS. I can't quite seem to get 1/2" or better at 50 yards, but it could be 1) the wind, 2) it might need a different tweak or different velocity with the speed dialer or most likely 3) it might be me !! Have I given enough excuses here?? 

Tom

IMG_5232.1644780895.jpg

IMG_5334.1644780944.jpg

IMG_5335.1644780956.jpg

I would polish the barrel unless you have already tried this. I have 3 Vets and the only one that I didn’t see an improvement in after doing this was the .25 compact I purchased from Georgia Airguns. Charlie always does a barrel polish on a new airgun before he sends it out but I already had the stuff to do it and knew it wouldn’t hurt anything. He must have done a good job since it’s the only one that shot the same after the barrel polish. 

Tom

I would polish the barrel unless you have already tried this. I have 3 Vets and the only one that I didn’t see an improvement in after doing this was the .25 compact I purchased from Georgia Airguns. Charlie always does a barrel polish on a new airgun before he sends it out but I already had the stuff to do it and knew it wouldn’t hurt anything. He must have done a good job since it’s the only one that shot the same after the barrel polish. 

Tony polished the barrel for me when I had to return and replace the Taipan reg with the Huma and I have not shot the gun that much. But, I take your point and will consider doing it again if accuracy diminishes. Thanks, Tom