• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Liking read your forum. I living in Russia and owning Taipan 2 - Mutant short build. I can tell more how I make my Taipan shooting good. Please, sorry my English. I am still learn it.

I got Mutant 6 month before from today. Gun was many oil coming out. I did clean and reduktor mainly to start have good hronograf reading. Standard barrel was no good. No shiny. Rifle marks were bad. So I change to Valter. Then gun start to shoot good on paper. Next I changing hamer spring to custom one. Man in Saint Petersburg selling good Taipan springs, quality. I also changin all the ruber rings on gun. Then I start having good plato, and accurate, and no air hitin my face. Now gun shooting like my Matador. I also ordering new pellet pusher made of good metal. Factory make scratching easy.

Price? I paying 900 dollar in Moscow. People that can get them from Kiev by friend paying less about 600 Evro or dollar. Is it making in China? I not know. 

Barrel made in Germany. Hahaha! How you know? Google reading our Russian forums?? ha-ha. Is Korea produced not China. It sell on forums by same people that selling Taipany. $50-60 dollar they want. But I no care, because I can't buy good Evropean rifle like HW100 or Day state. Plus is good learning, to custom a rifle.

If you having more question I can answer about Mutant and other Russian rifle.

Why some of you no like Day state?

ARGUMENTUM AD METUM

What ceases to amaze me is the disdain for this manufacturer from certain forum members. Can we lock down this thread so we do not have to read all the drivel again that was in the other post?

The beauty of our hobby is we can go out and buy whatever we want. It is a shame that so many have to show their support for their brand of choice by trying to degrade another. Please read my other post and look at the groups pictured. Do yourselves a favor and be sure to look at the reviews on other forums about this gun. I would recommend it to anyone.

Thanks.

Bruce 

Anyone who reads the lead post by "Sergey" should be able to read between the lines. He has 2 posts starting on December 20th. And look who chimes in on this thread right behind him. Tactical. This is a rehash in a new thread of the same drivel bashing Taipan from the
same people with the same agenda. I think "Sergey" is a phony identity created by Tactical or someone else just to continue the same
blah blah blah that any real Taipan owner knows is untrue. I own a Taipan Mutant standard. I have had zero issues with it and it is one of
the finest air rifles I own. The clue to the fake "Sergey" is that we are supposed to believe this Ukranian also shares the love of sic "Day state" that we all know is Tactical's trademark. Nice try. I'm surpised that the administrators allow this selective brand bashing to continue.

I read your post to be very similar to what Sergey has posted. You both had accuracy problems. What barrel did you put on yours?

He got attacked on the T forum, so he changed his mind. This is exactly what is going in this hobby on some forums out there. Real information is being blocked. Phony info is being rigged. People get attacked and are being ridiculed if they dare to report problems they have with some airgun brands.

"Tactical"Press release
where they finally admit guns heaving a Taiwan made barrels. So why not say all this from the start and deny there is a problem? And why ban people for reporting these issues? What is the cost of these China barrels?
I have to admit that your googling skills are quite impressive but your listening and comprehensive skills are a bit lacking. Did you not realize that the barrel on the gun in the review was not the stock barrel? It's an aftermarket 15mm Listone barrel (google Listone Industry Co., Ltd.).

Turn on the closed captions and it says, "Some people on their own worked to work this problem out and this particular barrel is a Listone barrel from Taiwan".

It's within your rights to have a preference to Daystate or FX (or whichever) but try not to be blinded by your own virtue and misinterpret everything you read or see to suite your propaganda. In addition, it's clear as day he said this gun was manufactured in the Ukraine as well. It's starts at the 6 minute mark just in case you skipped over it.

If he (Tactical) was wronged by Steve and/or the YF I can understand him getting butt hurt. I'd be pissed as well but unless you personally owned a Mutant with a bad barrel, why continue to bash and badmouth the manufacturer who's trying to make the situation right as it appears they're doing? Shouldn't your recourse be with Steve himself? Or are you implying that by hurting the reputation of this manufacturer you'll also do damage to Steve's and his close allies bottom line (i.e., sales) since they are the sole importer? 

Further more, if you're going to make an argument trying to dissuade others from buying this gun, at least get your facts straight. Yes, the Mutant Short shipped with pissed poor barrels of an unknown origin. It was also an insult to those that purchased them for a $1,400+ premium. I think that's factual as it gets. But to say the gun itself (stock/action) was made in China proves that you have a propaganda against them. Just state the facts and let the audience decide on their own merit. Once you start spewing lies, it just makes you foolish. 

Status
Not open for further replies.