Tactacam with Android phone :-(

The Google Pixel 5 Android phone will not recognize the Tactacam no matter what I do with the phone settings. My old Android phone will connect, but it locks up more than 50% of the time when I try to use it. Do I need a non android phone? What is the cure. Not real happy with the $$$.$$ spent to only get a headache and poor videos when it actually does work :(

One or the other, this phone connection to X often seem to be a problem, though i must admit that from my perspective the apple phones are worse, a new update to IOS and often BAM and you are out on your ass.

Google are also often bad though, a trick that some times work is to put the phone in airplane mode, cuz google made their milk tit so if the wifi you connect to are not internet then things start to get dicey.

So try the airplane mode and see how it like that.

Enable location services

Orion, would you explain why my camera NEEEDS to KNOW where I currently am?

Just wondering....

Thanks.
1f44d-1f3fc.svg

Matthias

This will explain better, I don't own tactacam but it happens to me when I'm trying to connect to my Panasonic camera for filming 

https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/160479/why-do-i-need-to-turn-on-location-services-to-pair-with-a-bluetooth-device

Thank you for your response and the link, Orion! 👍🏼

Though the Tactacam uses Wifi and not Bluetooth, in eiher case the discussion at the link you posted alerts me to the privacy nightmare that some Big Tech companies force upon us — and just because it's not logical nor justified to the users — it's plenty logical and justified to the Big Tech companies.... 🤣 And plenty logical and justified to any size company located in a large Asian country which shall remain unnamed.

🔶 My take-away: If a device, Bluetooth or Wifi, does not work properly, accept all suggested phone permission — and see if it works now.

Matthias

OK, I got it working. The phone has to be in air plane mode. That automatically turns off the wifi, so I have to then turn on wifi in the airplane mode. The camera has to be in wifi mode before the phone is set to wifi. It's working as it should, but not real happy with the picture quality for the money spent. Doesn't matter which scope is it on :( The battery has to be removed or it will go dead in less than a week..........just sitting ,turned off. Tatacam sez yes, that's the way it is.
So now my phone is not working. >OH,forgot to take it out of airplane mode :( :( :(
Save your money and buy a Side-Shot/ Gopro 7. I have the Side-Shot phone mount. That too is not worth the money.

Sorry about those problems, far_shot! 😟

Mine seems to work great. I have an older Galaxy and to transfer a minute long video clip from the Tactacam to the phone to review where my shot hit takes about 2 minutes tops.....

Here's a still from such a video — pigeon with an open chest, still trying to fly off.... 🙄 

Matthias

20211002_144016_icloo.1633214758.jpg

So now it has poop the bed again.I am using a genuine Tactacam 64 GB SD card. Camera is fully charged. I power up the camera and the green light flashes over 50 times till it goes to a record mode. Set it to pause and have zero access to it on my phone when I activate the wi fi. I removed the phone app and reinstalled it with no change. So with out the phone app working, it's just dead weight :(