Tac Vector Veyron 3-12 FFP

No, I designed some graphics wraps for my Leshiy, they're cut vinyl... I have several different camo patterns...

1565378534_18611990035d4dc7e6cafda4.19130403_Leshiy_Tac_1.JPG
1565378535_20021237385d4dc7e79b6842.39899989_Leshiy_Tac_2.JPG

1565378665_138017665d4dc8690ed245.24038764_IMG_1177.JPG

Ken

A couple clicks, looks good enough until I can get out and zero for 40 yards... The distance I usually shoot at...

1565380822_1256839335d4dd0d672a3d6.83571946_Walked. in.JPG

So, my two thumbs up for the scope, shooting and glass, reticle and adjustments... A boo hiss that the provided scope rings don't work with a Leshiy and a boo hiss that the flip up objective lens cap not fitting (clearance on Leshiy shroud)... I still like it... A lot...

OK, short update, the ring height issue really bugged me, so I set about looking for the "perfect" set of rings to mount my new Veyron on my Leshiy… Most 30mm "High" rings are .70" from the top of the rail to the bottom of the scope cradle (My Weavers and Warnes measure the same as do a cheap set from local store)... The Leshiy shroud makes it impossible to install the flip up lens cap, not enough clearance... I found a set of UTG "high" rings that state .86" between the top of the rail and bottom of the scope cradle, they will be in my hands later today and I will be able to confirm it they work or not, I really want to avoid using any intermediate parts like a riser or such to get the clearance needed... I'll report back on the new rings...

Ken

I am torn between this scope and the Discovery....Small field of view might be the deal breaker for the Discovery.

Any updates on how everybody likes this scope?

Tony P.

The housing looks exactly the same (only difference I can see are the turretcaps and the magnifying ring), I suspect the glass and the geometry are the same make as well, so that makes for the same narrow FOV on both...But still very workable...

Small field of view con the Veyron/Discovery 3-12x44 FFP, really??

I am torn between this scope and the Discovery....Small field of view might be the deal breaker for the Discovery.

Any updates on how everybody likes this scope?

Tony P.

It's great but the one big drawback (and not spoken of in the review) is the very small field of view, even at the smallest 3x magnification. Not a dealbreaker, as you get used to it quickly enough, but it is surely something that is very noticeable and something to consider if you want to use it in a scenario where you want or are in need of a broad FOV instead of a keyhole peep....

The Vector webpage says this:

FoV 35.1-8.7 feet@ 100 yds = 6.7-1.7° 👍

Now, that a wider field of view than e.g., the Bushnell Engage 3-12x42, or the Sightron S-TAC 3-16x42, or the Athlon Talos 3-12x40, or the Hawke Airmax 30 SF 3-12x50, or the UTG Bugbusters and Accushots of 3-12x.

As I'm interested in short scopes I collected some specs and this was one that's important to me, so I was a little suprised to read that someone considered it a small FoV -- I thinks it's actually at least upper average. 😊

Happy shooting!

Matthias

Well, from looking at the data of some other short scopes you mention you are right indeed.

It's just that the FOV seems (and is) narrower than when looking through a longer ("regular sized") scope on the same magnification. (and when comparing looking thourgh the MTC short eye relief range of scopes, the difference is gigantic, but then again the MTCs have a G A P I N G P A N O R A M I C W I D E S C R E E N FOV...)

Again, nothing wrong with the Discovery or the TAC Veyron, my remark is just to not expect the widescreen panoramic field of view, but a "regular" looking through a paper toilet roll tube experience.😁

is the Tac Vector Veyron 3-12 FFP the same as the Vector Optics Veyron 3-12x44mm sold @ optics planet ? 

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vector-optics-veyron-3-12x44mm-rifle-scope.html?_iv_code=EG-RS-VEY312X44-SCOM-24

it's available in FFP or SFP , but i'll be interested in the SFP version . does having "tac" in front mean it's a whole different animal ? or is it the same scope from the same assembly line with a name change and a different price ?

heres a review of the 4-16 by AAR 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVYtOvIMSfw&t=338s

I was lucky enough to get one in trade for an expired SCBA tank. Clarity & crispness of image across entire field of view blows me away! Very distinct clicks on the turrets too. Clearer than my Hawke Sidewinder! Got it to "lighten the load" on my Boss (with a Donny Ronin, Sidewinder 6x24x56 & a Tactacam w/FTS it's getting to be a hernia maker!) Oh, thanks for your video on the Tactacam. ANOTHER $460 I had to spend (LOL).

is the Tac Vector Veyron 3-12 FFP the same as the Vector Optics Veyron 3-12x44mm sold @ optics planet ? 

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vector-optics-veyron-3-12x44mm-rifle-scope.html?_iv_code=EG-RS-VEY312X44-SCOM-24

it's available in FFP or SFP , but i'll be interested in the SFP version . does having "tac" in front mean it's a whole different animal ? or is it the same scope from the same assembly line with a name change and a different price ?

heres a review of the 4-16 by AAR 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVYtOvIMSfw&t=338s

They are the same.

Optics Planet seems to have the best price, so far.

Pointing, thru Amazon, has them but for a higher price:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=vector+veyron+3-12x44&crid=1J47GJGKZ4SYC&sprefix=vector+veyron%2Caps%2C252&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_3_13

Personally, I like the looks of the Optisan CP better.

Low-slung turrets and a smaller front piece make it look sexier.

I abhor big heads, lol!

The Hawke Touch also looks nice except for its outrageously long turrets that make it look like a crucifix, lol again!