• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

swfa ss hd 10x

I own a few 10x hd , and there is a huge difference in glass , with the HD model I can shoot out past 1200 yards with say a 300wm , but with std and my older eyes maybe 800yds so in my book it is worth it ,

However , If you using it for point blank range and(under 300yds), you may not see a huge difference except in bright or dim light conditions , in longer range you will see images much sharper ,

when light goes thre a swfa std 10 x you may have different colors intersecting at 6 places but with the HD model it all intersects in same line if this makes sense , less line , more of a quality image . also MOST HD GLASS is heavier and parallax will be set further away then a non hd lens

also glass is king not power zoom , I own many scopes If I had to shoot long range say at a zombie , If I took my cheapest scope I own a Hawke 6.5x20 x42 , and say the IOR 3x18 on 6x , I can see better with the Ior 6x then I can with a hawke on 20x if you understand , good glass is heavy and expensive , but it is better to save up for best glass you can afford ,

I am not best typer , watch this and learn about glass , easier then I can type it , let me know if it helps

LOU

fast forward to around 14 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCISX9id86I

Agreed. My scopes were decent and got the job done. But to have top tier glass is noteworthy. I decided to sell all the scopes and buy up. There are also other features you get when you bump to the top but we’re talking hd glass and it’s amazing. You don’t need the hd stuff for making shots at @ 100 yards, but it is clearer. Our ground squirrels don’t come out till it warms up so lighting isn’t a problem. I went up for the additional magnification and features. These all help to reach out a little farther. So to answer, yes, it’s clearer, but not really needed for the distances ww shoot. Which is why I had to go to the powder burner classifieds to buy mine. Now all my rifles will use the one scope. So I guess it becomes economical right?