• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

SWFA Sale!!!!

All the SS models are $219 and the 3-15 SS is only $455😳🤙🙌🏻 I picked up a 12x SS as I kinda want the 3-15x but I really only shoot at 20-75 yards and I already use an Hawke Airmax 4-12x AO and always have it on 12x…. I love the reticle on the Hawke but I want good turrets to be able to dial, and, I feel like it doesn’t hold Zero as well as it should …. I also ordered a Sportsmatch HOP40C mount for it as it has a vertical stop for my TX200 from Airguns of Arizona😎

I'm really interested in the SWFA SS 3-15x42, and am researching it now. I just received an Athlon Midas TAC 6-24x50 FFP that I haven't mounted yet, and am not sure I should be picking up another FFP so soon! That one is my first FFP -- all my other scopes are SFP.

I'm also kinda interested in the SWFA SS HD scopes, but it looks like they are all on backorder. Normally I would just buy it and take take a peep before mounting it, but the SWFA.com return policy doesn't seem to be all that great.

I'm really interested in the SWFA SS 3-15x42, and am researching it now. I just received an Athlon Midas TAC 6-24x50 FFP that I haven't mounted yet, and am not sure I should be picking up another FFP so soon! That one is my first FFP -- all my other scopes are SFP.

I'm also kinda interested in the SWFA SS HD scopes, but it looks like they are all on backorder. Normally I would just buy it and take take a peep before mounting it, but the SWFA.com return policy doesn't seem to be all that great.
Be aware that the HD scopes only focus down to 50yrd for parallax… not really good for airguns… but if you’re putting on a powder burner, you’d be fine.

Reactions: BOOMBBQ
I've been interested in the 3-15x42 for quite awhile.

I've got some of the fixed power SS scopes and they're a lot of good things (solid, dead-nuts reliable turrets, not too heavy, not too big) but the glass in them leaves a bit to be desired. If that 3-15 has better glass (and it stinking should, for the price), it COULD be a heck of a scope.

I've been interested in the 3-15x42 for quite awhile.

I've got some of the fixed power SS scopes and they're a lot of good things (solid, dead-nuts reliable turrets, not too heavy, not too big) but the glass in them leaves a bit to be desired. If that 3-15 has better glass (and it stinking should, for the price), it COULD be a heck of a scope.
The glass is better on the fixed power scopes as there is less glass in the unit… here is a video explaining it…. Start at 9:00 minutes in and he explains it😎

The glass is better on the fixed power scopes as there is less glass in the unit… here is a video explaining it…. Start at 9:00 minutes in and he explains it😎

Are you making a general statement of fixed power versus variable power? or an experience-based response specifically related to how the glass in the fixed SWFA SS compares to the glass in the SWFA 3-15x42?

I have not compared the two personally on this particular brand as I just ordered the 12x and held off on the 3-15x as I target shoot between 20-75 yards. But for a hunting scope, the 3-15x would be the way to go due to FFP magnification range. Some guys at our range have some high-end fixed magnification scopes due to the fact of the clarity being a bit better. But honestly… When I looked through theirs, I could not tell a big difference. But I’m sure the HD version would rock for glass, but it also only focuses to 50 yard, so that’s a no go for most of us airgunners.

I have not compared the two personally on this particular brand as I just ordered the 12x and held off on the 3-15x as I target shoot between 20-75 yards. But for a hunting scope, the 3-15x would be the way to go due to FFP magnification range. Some guys at our range have some high-end fixed magnification scopes due to the fact of the clarity being a bit better. But honestly… When I looked through theirs, I could not tell a big difference. But I’m sure the HD version would rock for glass, but it also only focuses to 50 yard, so that’s a no go for most of us airgunners.
Darn. Was really hoping to hear from somebody who has looked through both.

If the 3-15x42 has worse glass than the fixed powers, they're asking too much for it, even on sale.

Darn. Was really hoping to hear from somebody who has looked through both.

If the 3-15x42 has worse glass than the fixed powers, they're asking too much for it, even on sale.
I’m sure it’s solid…. If I wanted variable power, the 3-15x is my top choice at $455…. Although the new ARKEN EPL that just came out looks enticing… but the SWFA has one of the most solid track records of literally any scope so I trust it. BUY BOTH😂😂😂😂😂😂

not worth the money get a arken turrets stink
Don't you sell the Arkens?

I dunno bout the turrets on the SWFA 3-15x42 but the turrets on the SWFA 20x are completely reliable. I've been cranking on 3 different 20xs for 4+ years and they are all 100% reliable, repeatable, etc. I trust all three of them implicitly, and a couple of them have served time on springers.

As for tactile impression of the turrets on the fixed power 20x, they get better with use. ie, the clicks become more distinct once the initial "tightness" goes away.

My only gripe is the image clarity.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
@Franklink Inthink @jwrabbit123 is throughly familiar with the SWFA scopes in question. He’d be a good member to ask his opinion on how they compare. We just discussed the 3-15x scope in another thread recently comparing SWFA and Sightron scopes. I recall you being in on the discussion in the thread. Lou is good people. I’m sure he’d share his experience if you reached and he has time to reply.

Also I agree, the SWFA turrets are decent quality. I’m no dialer, but I turn the turrets on my SWFA 10x fixed mag scope depending upon what sort of projectile I’m shooting. I currently have one on a .357 Bulldog shooting air bolts and I have to make more adjustments than I’m used to compared to when I’m slinging lead. Turrets are good. Only thing stopping me from purchasing the 3-15x SWFA is that they don’t make them with an IR. At least I haven’t seen one.

I've owned a few SWFAs over the years. They used to make a SFP 3-15 that was pretty decent. I had one in a soft case that got knocked around in the back of a pickup that loosened up. I had to send it back for warranty repair. Sadly, they had stopped making it and sent me out the FFP version. Long story short I ended up sending it back because I didn't like the image quality.
I have the new Arken 4-16 on order. I'm crossing my fingers on that one.