• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

SWFA and Strelok+ question

I would think it would have to be calibrated for 16x. I made up this chart to check my mil spacing at a range of my choosing which was easy to read. I choose to set the chart up at 50 yards and looked to see what magnification lined up with the mils. Of course for 100 yards the lines are spaced at 3.6" apart and at 50 yards it would be spaced at 1.8" and so on. I would think that would be a good way to confirm with your scope too. Bill

Thanks Bill - great idea. I just need to figure out the spacing for the Mil Quad. I've always used MilDots just for hold off reference, never for ranging or clicking. I picked up this Mil Quad with the clicks in Mil's also so I could get more range. When I put the 16x in Strelock it looks like I can sight in one diamond up from center at 25 yds and then go all the way out to 160yds without any clicking at all. So likely won't need to ever even do that.

"KYAirgunner"For a fixed power scope just put the setting on first focal plane. That will work because the reticle will not move. Second focal plane adjustable magnification scopes will have the reticle appear to move on the target with the different magnifications used. That's when the magnification that the scope is calibrated for is applied in the settings.

I don't think so. If I put the "ranging magnification" at 16x with the FFP box checked the max distance at bottom of reticle is 168yds. If I make the "ranging magnification" 10 with the FFP box checked the max distance at bottom of reticle is 135yds. This is with no other changes. So the "ranging magnification" has to be set prior to checking the FFP box.

Of course. The calibrated the reticle go be true at that magnification. Putting a reticle that's true at 10x in a 12x scope would be the dumbest thing ever and no one would buy that stupid scope.

You can just Check it too, put a ruler at whatever distance, say 10m and see if it is correct. 1cm per mildot at 10m

"Erik"Of course. The calibrated the reticle go be true at that magnification. Putting a reticle that's true at 10x in a 12x scope would be the dumbest thing ever and no one would buy that stupid scope.

You can just Check it too, put a ruler at whatever distance, say 10m and see if it is correct. 1cm per mildot at 10m

I guess I must be stupid then, cause I have a 2-7 power scope that I found out is ranged at 10x........but thanks for your thoughtful reply