Sweetener.

Here is a challenge. A sweetener on top of a water bomb on top of a golf tee.

Bb

560EAD03-E5DE-4CE4-AFA2-F66E1B2E5ACF.jpeg

I guess I'm lazy but I wouldn't want to pick up the pieces of the balloons.. just like when I found a empty pop bottle and thought it was so much fun shooting it with the BB gun, until grandma came to see what I was doing and told me to pick up every last piece and never do that again.. that was probably 40 years ago
I've always remembered that before pulling the trigger on anything.. including the raccoon that was attacking my dog.. I took him for a walk in the woods, glad I didn't have to dig a hole..
now I don't like to shoot much of anything I might have to pick up besides cans.. definitely nothing with small pieces.
Mark

Reactions: SkeeterHawk
I guess I'm lazy but I wouldn't want to pick up the pieces of the balloons.. just like when I found a empty pop bottle and thought it was so much fun shooting it with the BB gun, until grandma came to see what I was doing and told me to pick up every last piece and never do that again.. that was probably 40 years ago
I've always remembered that before pulling the trigger on anything.. including the raccoon that was attacking my dog.. I took him for a walk in the woods, glad I didn't have to dig a hole..
now I don't like to shoot much of anything I might have to pick up besides cans.. definitely nothing with small pieces.
Mark
The trick is to not hit the ballon😁😁

Seriously though, I 100% agree with the the chore of tidying up after a plinking session. I normally shoot small biodegradable targets like pasta pieces, berries, etc.
i do pick up the larger pieces the water bombs but the ones sold in the uk are biodegradable anyway.👍

Bb

This is actually similar to the Necco Challenge that I posted last year. In that one, I was using the foam things that you get when you buy pellets, so there is no waste, and if you hit the Necco, the critters get a treat. Not as exciting if you miss as the water balloon, but easier to clean up.

This is actually similar to the Necco Challenge that I posted last year. In that one, I was using the foam things that you get when you buy pellets, so there is no waste, and if you hit the Necco, the critters get a treat. Not as exciting if you miss as the water balloon, but easier to clean up.
There is a sweet (candy to you Americans) that we have here in the uk called polo, it’s a small white mint with a hole. The challenge is to glue the mint to a piece of card and shoot through the hole without breaking the mint.

Not easy as the mint is extremely brittle and will break at the slightest of touches, the hole is 1/4” Dia.

1378481B-3000-44FF-B9D7-E2F9E3389E6B.jpeg

There is a sweet (candy to you Americans) that we have here in the uk called polo, it’s a small white mint with a hole. The challenge is to glue the mint to a piece of card and shoot through the hole without breaking the mint.

Not easy as the mint is extremely brittle and will break at the slightest of touches, the hole is 1/4” Dia.

View attachment 439670
you could set up at different distance and play Field Target .

That's a great idea @bucketboy ! I was wondering if we could use Life Savers candy the same way, so I looked to see if the hole was the same size. Here is a picture I found on the net of the two side-by-side:
Polo vs Lifesavers.jpg

I don't think that Life Savers would work. That hole is a LOT smaller. I doubt you could put a 0.177 through that if the Polo hole is 0.25".

Maybe us poor-underprivileged airgunners here in The States may have to shoot through washers or something instead. This seems like it would be a lot of fun.

Reactions: bucketboy
That's a great idea @bucketboy ! I was wondering if we could use Life Savers candy the same way, so I looked to see if the hole was the same size. Here is a picture I found on the net of the two side-by-side:
View attachment 440544

I don't think that Life Savers would work. That hole is a LOT smaller. I doubt you could put a 0.177 through that if the Polo hole is 0.25".

Maybe us poor-underprivileged airgunners here in The States may have to shoot through washers or something instead. This seems like it would be a lot of fun.
I would love to know the exact size of the hole in the life saver, if a .177 does fit that would be a seriously difficult challenge 👍👍👍

Bb

I would love to know the exact size of the hole in the life saver, if a .177 does fit that would be a seriously difficult challenge 👍👍👍

Bb
I agree. I couldn't find anything useful out online. I may just have to buy a roll and put a caliper on it.

Stay tuned... I am working on a "Spinning Washer Challenge" that should be stupid-difficult.

Last edited:
Reactions: bucketboy
I agree. I couldn't find anything useful out online. I may just have to buy a roll and put a caliper on it.

Stay tuned... I am working on a "Spinning Washer Challenge" that should be stupid-difficult.
Thanks I will do.👍

I have some 50mm spinners that have a 6mm hole through the middle, the challenge is to get pellet through the hole without making the spinner move, again frustratingly difficult to do, far more so than a knock down target with the same size hole.

Bb

Reactions: SkeeterHawk
Here is a challenge. A sweetener on top of a water bomb on top of a golf tee.

Bb

View attachment 439217
Not sure if this would work, and would be extremely messy, but maybe you can place a thin piece of wood/plastic..about 1/4" thick..on the top of a bottle of diet coke. Place a Mentos on top of the piece of wood and try to shoot away the wood to drop the mentos into the diet coke. Will be a huge visual effect, but really messy.