• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

JTS Sweet Airacuda Max?

I got a Jts Airacuda Max yesterday and would I call it a sweet air rifle? Maybe! I got it zeroed at 30yds and its pretty accurate. I don't think its as good a shooter as my Dar Gen 3 but its too early to say for sure. To me the Dar is better quality. I've polished up and lubed the trigger assembly but still need to make final trigger adjustments. It takes time to get to know the gun and let things get broke in so I'm sure it will get better. It seems to like the Fx 15.89 very well but others I tried weren't bad either. Its shooting the Fx's at 910fps. Anyone got any tried and true tips to get the most out of the rifle?

Well I'm getting to know the Max .22 and not impressed with it. I got the trigger set the way I want it and its not a bad shooter until I put a suppressor on it and then I don't know that I could hit a 5 gal. bucket at 20yds. After drilling out a suppressor and looking down the muzzle I could see no way the pellet would clip it coming out. I'm reasonably sure its not clipping but accuracy is still terrible. I really think its air turbulence or a harmonics thing that's the problem but I'm no expert on this. Today I'm going to take the guts out of the suppressor and shoot it. One other thing I really don't like about it is the stock.

After drilling out my suppressor to 7/16" my .22 Max is shooting good and much quieter. Here's 30yds 5 shot groups except the circled one which is 8 shots. I'm starting to feel better about buying it now.

IMG_20231202_094015.jpg