• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Swarm Magnum GEN2 .22 x10-shot air rifle - Accuracy Test #001

Frank, what pellet weight? And did you group it, or just one round per target? I've got a Gamo Swarm Fox, but am eyeballing the Magnum. Is it much harder to crank the barrel?

.22 in 14.3gr Crosman hollow-points.

1597271119_14487138705f346c4fd113e3.27853225.jpg

Yes, it's hard to crank. But it's new, so I'm hoping I won't need that much strength later. But hey, I gotta get my exercise somehow! :)

That was the first time I shot the gamo magnum after a few rounds of sighting in. I haven't even used 100 pellets out of that tin yet. But when I get back to it in a few days, I'll be sure to get lots of content, including groups.

But hey, the groups of the Silent Cat were fine, I'm sure this one will be too. Should be even better, but that's on the shooter after a certain point.

1597271275_20568053715f346ceb7c0006.70993089.jpg

Good questions 6G, thanks!

f

Why the magnum? Why not go with the whisper fusion swarm (whatever order the silly marketing jargon comes in). What are you trying to do?

Varmint, Wildcat, Whisper, Maxxim, Magnum, Fusion... I really don't know the difference. Some of the answers can be found here:
https://gamousa.com/technology

But, like you say, marketing. Most of the specs on a page doesn't mean much until it's actually in use. Which will vary from user-to-user, depending on, well, uses.

I wanted the magnum because I'm under the impression it's a more powerful hunting gun. It's replaced my "Silent Cat" as my powder-burner backup.

This was the sighting-in shots. Right before those I posted above.

1597271786_13630964155f346eeacb4d88.84898132.jpg

Right out of the box, no scope, no leaking oil or dieseling, no loose parts to tighten down, ready to go.

Although, perhaps because it's a magnum, it sure is a teeth-rattler. I hope that "breaks-in" better later. I barely use a cheek-weld with a break-barrel, but still managed to get a light bruise on my face.

f