• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Swapping the 18mm C10 Hammer Adjuster for the 16mm C10 and the C8 Spring Holder

Hi Guys

I received parts C8,9,10 for my Impact from Hermanns Guns the Australian distributors.

As the topic title says, these are the parts needed to change my Mk2 with the 18mm C10 Hammer Adjuster to the 16mm Hammer Adjuster.

The question I have, for any body that has completed the upgrade, is how difficult was it to remove C11 the socket head cap screw M3x5.

This is the screw that attaches the Hammer Adjuster to the C8 Spring holder.

I watched Ernest's video and he mentions locktite and shows a stripped one as an indication to be careful.

Did you use heat to remove it?

Also if you have done the upgrade how much difference did it make, was it worth the effort?

Thanks.

Regards

Deafdog

I swapped mine out and had no issues. I did not use heat.

Use a good allen key that is not rounded off, and use the hex end. NOT the ball end if it has one. It may be worthwhile to purchase a new allen key of good quality if you have doubts.

There was loctite present and the screw started out pretty stiff, but once it broke loose, no problem.

Upon reassembly I used a small dot of blue loctite when inserting the screw, does not take much.

Make sure your allen key is seated fully and go at it moderately. You should be able to gauge when too much is too much by feel.

Thete is a gain to be had especially in a power plenum rifle. You will be able to hit the valve harder at higher reg presdures.

I’m confused. I just checked FX support and IPB for all three models of the Impact. They all show the C-10 as the same part number 19602. Where and what part number are you talking about changing from and to and why. Are you using the old long spring or the mark2 PP spring? If you don’t mind which Ernest Rowe video are you referring to?

Thanks in advance.