Swapping scope between guns

Does anybody ever swap scopes between guns? Obviously you would have to site in the gun again. I bought a nice scope and wanted to try it out on my new gun as well as my Benjamin Marauder. Was just curious if others do the same or just bite the bullet and buy multiple expensive scopes.

I guess I have 15 scopes but its not a big problem to move scopes between rifles. When you move your scope to a new rifle make a dot on a cardboard box. Aim at the dot and shoot. Put your rifle back in the rest and aim at that same dot and see how far off your pellet hit. Hold your rifle steady and adjust your scope to where the the pellet hit. Most rifles you can adjust 3 times this way and get it sighted in.(like anything else practice helps with this) Now if your rail was made on the rifle crooked you will know very quickly(I've had that problem before). I have a few rifles that I have tested scopes on by moving them from other rifles and they were very close to zero after the move.

I found that if I added a "Weaver to dovetail adapter" to my R9 and HW95 it was easy to swap the scope back and forth........
Here is my HW95 with scope set in Weaver high mounts clamped to a Weaver to dovetail adapter which is clamped to the receiver dovetails.........

I simply leave the adapters mounted on the guns but the rings stay on the scope when doing a "swap out".

Reactions: Scott_Allen
I tend to move my best scope to my best gun so I move scopes when I buy a better one. It's not my favorite task but it doesn't take that long.

Also, sometimes it is the only way for me to tell if a scope and rifle are holding zero or if one has an issue. This was after I found that it wasn't entirely a coincidence that my least accurate gun had my worst scope. My worst scope wasn't holding zero like I though and I had been assuming it was the gun's fault. 

I've decided to stop moving scopes around and just put a new one on each gun as it needs it. The only thing I am willing to move around right now is the X-Sight II and it is staying on the D48 until I'm done with it. The next gun getting a new bit of glass is the Condor. Another thing I've decided to do is stop buying variables. The truth is 12x is all I need to take squirrels and other critters. A fixed magnification bit of kit from pretty much any widely known vendor will be better optically than a variable power scope that costs twice as much so I can still spend twice as much and get some really good glass. There are no SFP fixed power scopes. There is no forgetting that you are not set to your reference magnification when you hold off on a shot. A 3x or 4x range finder doubles as a low power observation device... So I guess I'm trying to simplify things. YMMV

Yes, just did it today, again... Hopefuly im pleased now, but i just ordered a second Delta optical titanium 4-16*42, my favorite scope so far, realy clear and thin reticles and mildots, took the first one of my at44 tactical and put it on my air arms s510, but i feelt the need for a better scope than the tactical looking chinese one i have on the At44 now, so here is the list of my gun/scope as of now:
Air Arms s510 - delta optical titanium 4-16*42
Marauder - hawke vantage 4-12*50
Hatsan at44 - chinese tactical 3-9*32
Hatsan Bt65 - Hawke vantage 6-24*50
Fwb 300s universal-Falcon T50FT
Weihrauch HW97K - Nikon prostaff target efr 3-9*40
Weihrauch Hw50s - leapers bug buster 3-9*32
Now i just have to sight in my guns again, happy days!