swampfox and bushnell LPVO

looking at these 2 brands in the 1-8x24 with the guerilla dot or BDC dot reticle design. similar in price range. think the swampfox has a wider FOV at same magnification at 100 yards. swampfox also parallaxes at 50 yards while bushnell has the common 100 parallax. I'm favoring the swampfox . Now , where to get one.

I'm not liking what I have heard lately about optics planet , but they carry these items about $60-$70 bucks cheaper than the home sites for each. Am I missing something here? I have bought from optics planet before , but not too recently. Is there cause for concern? 

I know this thread is slightly dated, but thought I would answer here:

I own a Bushnell AR 1-6x24 and a Swampfox Arrowhead 1-8x24.

I bought the Bushnell from Bushnell at a decent price with a discount code, and I bought the Swampfox directly from Swampfox with one of their codes. Each came out slightly cheaper than OpticsPlanet, although I have ordered other things from OpticsPlanet and never had anything but good things to say about their service.

In terms of the two LPVO's, the Bushnell has decent glass at its price point, albeit a bit of fish-eye at 1X, not a "true" 1X, but has a clear reticle, and holds zero. It's also a bit lighter, built well. The FOV is a bit on the smaller side though, and the BDC reticle is decent, but slightly bigger than I wanted at range for my tastes. The fold-down throw lever is awesome.

The Swampfox has awesome glass for a sub-$500 LPVO. The turrets are miles ahead of the Bushnell. The illumination has 2 night vision settings, 10 normal settings, and off-stops onbetween. The included throw lever directly attaches to the mag ring with included set screws that allow you to hard mount it in 3 different positions on the ring. The reticle is great, not too big, not to small. It's better than the Bushnell, but slightly not as good as the PA ACSS reticle. The FOV on the 1-8 is large and crisp for a LPVO, much better and flatter than the Bushnell. Overall the build quality front-to-back hits above the Bushnell on every point. The overall optic is better than the Vortex Strike Eagle as well.

I've had good dealings with OpticsPlanet customer service, same with Swampfox. My communication from Bushnell is lackluster at best.

I would not recommend either for precision airgun shooting at close range given the reticle and parallax nature of LPVO's with SFP reticles.

PT