• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results SVFTC .... August FT Match Report

Augusts FT match was our first publicly announced event for 2020 which brought out 16 brave souls in spite a weeks long battle with wildfires and smoke.
As it turned out the smoke trend was mostly against the coast range and sierra foothills leaving us with pretty good conditions considering ....

We found the gate open early which allowed a quick & timely set up. Having to stay within Cowboy town we set up 12 lanes of 2 targets per, with lane 6 being the dreaded OFF HAND. With 3 bell targets in the lane one target could be taken as kneeling. This gave us a 50 shot match of which WAS NOT THE END .... We had set up lane 13 ( Lucky or Unlucky as 13 is for some ) we had 2 more targets that were put out as a BONUS LANE if you choose to shoot it ? * Being my intent to not just have it be extra points if you knocked them down ... if you MISSED it would cost you points deducted from the 50 shot primary match
shocked.gif
This made for a multi dimensional gamble ... Rule of the lane was, you don't have too shoot both targets, but do need to shoot at one 2 times if you addressed the lane. Some only shot the first and chickened out on the second & most just went for it !! All but 2 shooters took the gamble and shot lane "13" Targets were a 3/8" at 15 yards ( 40 troyer difficulty ) and a 5/8" at 37 yards ( 59 troyer difficulty ) EXPERT to HIGH EXPERT rating.

We had our morning practice and got the match going by shortly after 9:00 and were finished by @ noon. Those who had passed "13" were allowed to shoot it last so a line formed as giggles and groans filled the air realizing lane "13" was no joke being seriously difficult !!!

Speedy break down and pick up were done and most headed home. 5 of us stayed around and played AG till @ 4:00 or so.

Totals with +/- Lane "13" gains or losses

HUNTER PCP
Jim C 52 +2 *Cleaned the 50 primary & High Match Score
John B 51 +4
Scott S 49 +4
Fred B 47 +4
Steve D 44 +2
Jim M 34 0
Frank W 34 DNS
Conrad R 32 +2
Larry G 27 -4

WFTF PCP
Alex J 47 +2
Dave C 45 0
Darren T 27 -4
AJ 12 DNS

WFTF PISTON
Son L 41 0
Jim P 31 -2

HUNTER PISTON
Jesse A 12 -4

That was FUN for everyone and a whole lot better than staying at home. Until next month where we meet on SATURDAY the 26th in IONE at the Sacramento shooting center. Stay well, practice when you can, Tell a friend ! CYA all next month.

Scott Schneider
Jim Cyran
SVFTC match directors.

Thank you Bill, it was one of my better efforts. Hit 53 in a row, missed my last shot of the day. I understand you purchased a new home to use as a getaway from those cold Vegas winters 😁. It would be great to see you at the CA State. We finally got your brother out to a match. Hope all is well.

Scott set a great course, it was deceptively difficult, the only thing that saved us was the almost total lack of wind. We had a great time, I think everyone was really glad to get out and spend some time shooting air rifles with their friends.

Jim in Sacramento

Reactions: Motorhead
HUNTER PCP
Jim C 52 +2 *Cleaned the 50 primary & High Match Score
John B 51 +4

HOLY SMOKES, AGAIN. Pun intended.

I knew I liked you Jim. AWESOME shooting. No shame in missing that 5/8" KZ at 37 yards. Looks like you had a few also very good shooters right on your tail. 

Hope to see you at a match some time again. 

Gary
Venice, FL

..................Looks like you had a few also very good shooters right on your tail. 

Hope to see you at a match some time again. 

Gary
Venice, FL

Hi Gary, 

There is no lack of competition in our club. We are blessed to have some of the best in the country shooting with us. It creates a great environment and their willingness to share their knowledge raises everyone's skill level. I see you are having a pretty good year as well. Hopefully 2021 will be a normal year and we'll meet up again in Ohio. 

Jim in Sacramento