• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Surprised by Performance .30 vs. .25

It all depends on shot placement, if going for vital shots on big critters like coons then bigger the better. Ammo selection makes a big difference also, slugs seems to really tear them up vs pellets are mere passthrough. I dropped a 19lb coon that tore up my yard and ate all my goldfish with a 22fpe 22 cal pellet, but I don't have to shoot far since my yard is relatively small.
I am curious. What pellet was it? Where did you hit it? I dropped two yesterday. A 10 poundsish and a 15 poundsish yesterday. I saw them on the camera at separate times. First one ran when I walked back to my setup but the peanuts draw it back. 1 hornet in the head DRT. The seconds came later and I almost did not care to walk out, I figured if I walk out it will be gone. But he kept eating the bait so I did it anyways as I was already set up and wanted to put things away again. He did not give a damn about me walking around 15 yards away or the lights turning on. He too got a hornet in the skull. It did the dance but it was breathing when I walked up so I had to shoot it again.