Sure it's cool.......But

I understand the concern but at the same time that is nowhere close to the power and abilities or ease of a ar 15. We should be a little realistic here. Also what is up with everybody who is just going to roll over for the government when they say what you can and can not have. Gun owners air and powder need to get a backbone and stand up for themselves in this world of snowflakes. My theory is if I buy one now then they can try and take it later, if I wait too long it might not be available. 😎

I understand the concern but at the same time that is nowhere close to the power and abilities or ease of a ar 15. We should be a little realistic here. Also what is up with everybody who is just going to roll over for the government when they say what you can and can not have. Gun owners air and powder need to get a backbone and stand up for themselves in this world of snowflakes. My theory is if I buy one now then they can try and take it later, if I wait too long it might not be available. 😎

Yes sir, I understand what you are saying. I'm a 2A supporter for sure. Saying that, it's not about growing a spine or any other body part to stand up against the powers that be. It will be the "PERCEIVED" outlook that all airgunners might receive in the end. And we all know bad news travels faster and is remembered a lot longer than good news. My problem with that particular airgun is "IF" and that's a big if I know, but "IF" some goofball decided to use an actual airgun either full auto, semi auto, or whatever in an actual bodily harm assault or crime. These types of airguns will not lend a sedate, calm, adult owned and operated, family oriented airgun community look to us. But quite the opposite. The news media would have a hayday with a "FULL AUTO" BB gun. Just like they keep referring to certain (black guns) as assault weapons. Which we all know have been banned in the U.S. for decades. But that doesn't stop the reporters from using that word. I just worry that kind of reporting will really make us airgunners look bad as a whole, just like responsible gun owners are blamed as the reason for most mass shootings. and that particular airgun won't help one bit. And just for the record, if the high cyclic rate of fire doesn't worry you, the 50+ ft/lbs of energy should. Cause I know I wouldn't want to be shot with one.

Ray

I understand the concern but at the same time that is nowhere close to the power and abilities or ease of a ar 15. We should be a little realistic here. Also what is up with everybody who is just going to roll over for the government when they say what you can and can not have. Gun owners air and powder need to get a backbone and stand up for themselves in this world of snowflakes. My theory is if I buy one now then they can try and take it later, if I wait too long it might not be available.
1f60e.svg

I know it has nowhere near the power of an AR but if you are on the receiving end of this gun, you will probably be just as dead. Make no mistake, airguns are not protected and fought for by major groups like real guns. If the government gets a wild hair about airguns, banning them will be easier than banning lead paint.

I understand the concern but at the same time that is nowhere close to the power and abilities or ease of a ar 15. We should be a little realistic here. Also what is up with everybody who is just going to roll over for the government when they say what you can and can not have. Gun owners air and powder need to get a backbone and stand up for themselves in this world of snowflakes. My theory is if I buy one now then they can try and take it later, if I wait too long it might not be available.
1f60e.svg

I know it has nowhere near the power of an AR but if you are on the receiving end of this gun, you will probably be just as dead. Make no mistake, airguns are not protected and fought for by major groups like real guns. If the government gets a wild hair about airguns, banning them will be easier than banning lead paint.

Emphasis added. Oh it is much worse than that. I might (as a 2A zealot) believe that "arms" means "weapons" of all sorts. However; the people who are trying to take your PBs will darned sure be happy to tell you that Airguns are NOT PROTECTED at all. So ...😒

I understand what you guys are saying but I think the worry is on a niche item. A 1000 dollar Airgun that requires air to support it and is although powerful enough is still only on the energy levels of cci quiets.
a cheap Ruger 1022 with bulk ammo would be way cheaper and much more effective.

I think the area you will see the problem you guys talk about will come from the budget priced Airgun. It is still a repeater with enough power to cause harm and is at a price point most likely to get in the hands of a person likely to do something like that. But nobody’s yelling the sky is falling about that.

These type of airguns fall into the same category as the car that does 210mph and the truck that's all decked out with 38 inch tires that never sees a lick of offroading for me. Most nut jobs wouldn't think about using an airgun to commit a crime. Lets get realistic here, there are PLENTY of firearms in this country for criminals to use in criminal activity. Hopefully this sport will remain unregulated but if it comes down to it all mine were either sold or stolen. I think our country has enough on it's plate with all it's current issues. I know there are plenty of issues that the snowflakes should focus on versus hassling airgun owners. But maybe as concerned airgun hobbyists we should start a petition to take to the airgun manufacturers to stop these types of airguns being produced or maybe just not buy them, nothing makes a company drop a line of product quicker than very poor sales. 

These type of airguns fall into the same category as the car that does 210mph and the truck that's all decked out with 38 inch tires that never sees a lick of offroading for me. Most nut jobs wouldn't think about using an airgun to commit a crime. Lets get realistic here, there are PLENTY of firearms in this country for criminals to use in criminal activity. Hopefully this sport will remain unregulated but if it comes down to it all mine were either sold or stolen. I think our country has enough on it's plate with all it's current issues. I know there are plenty of issues that the snowflakes should focus on versus hassling airgun owners. But maybe as concerned airgun hobbyists we should start a petition to take to the airgun manufacturers to stop these types of airguns being produced or maybe just not buy them, nothing makes a company drop a line of product quicker than very poor sales.

People are quite realistic. You can disagree, that can be your opinion. Worth no more than those of others. No one knows what will happen, only what might happen.

Those that don't police themselves get policed.

Wisest response I've seen in this thread. And as others have alluded to, if you think airguns will get any protection under 2A, you are sadly mistaken. And WHEN (not if) this becomes a problem, I wouldn't be surprised if groups like the NRA completely turn their backs on airguns in order to make concessions and consolidate more support for PBs. Our own progress will be our own downfall.