• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Supressor for Hammer .50

How long is a yard of elastics?

If you are in front of the rifle then a muffler does next to nothing.
On the other hand if you're the shooter it does a heck of a difference, the difference between with ear protection and without..
The Hammer has a lot of blowby elsewhere (magazine) so dont expect it to go whisper quiert when you add a muffler!!!

The "problem" with air vs. powder is the enormus gas volume!
A 50 cal Texan gulps out 3gal of HP air for every shot. Making that bark into a bealch takes shere volume and some clever design!
You can "always" go down in caliber on a (airgun) muffler and do quite good, but going up is mostly a no good over pressure problem.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I put the donnyfl ronin plus adapter on mine and it helped a little bit but not as much as I hoped. The main problem I think is that the breach is open like a revolver so lots of air/noise can come from that magazine well. Another problem is that it’s very inefficient on air partly because of the open breach design and also some people have said the type of valve used is louder that a typical hammer struck valve (not sure the correct term) all in all if you want a 50 cal to be quiet probably better to go with a Texan Lss or Ss.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore