Supressor advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, as above...do not mix powder burner issues with airgun issues. Keep this forum "airgun use only" for our sport's longevity.

The OP has a familiar tone and writing style, and the chosen user name raises the needle on my suspiciou-o-meter as well. The post history does not support a "new guy" getting to know the site. Watching closely... And avoiding baited hooks. 

I have use a few hugetts n donny moderators every moderator will sound different depending on the valve configuration not necessary is a problem with the moderator design so is needed to test a few to see what works best for that particular rifle....the problem I see with some people like to be told what is best n then comes the gurus who have 20 of each gun n supresor made n people worship their world like law..well good for them..

YoDoyle, you’re welcome for the comment about clicking. Thank you. I’m not sponsored by Athlon, nor do I get discounted or free Athlon stuff... But I’ll admit I’m an Athlon fanboy and shooting with Athlon scopes has won me some decent $$$ over the past couple of years. With the Extreme FT clicking is so much better than using holdover due to the swirling winds and variable hold off. The Midas and Ares lines have spot on turrets, repeatable over and over. If the range is 93 yards and Strelok says 2.5 Mil, then click and shoot, done.

One thing, you never did answer my question about accuracy with moderators. If it’s just your honest opinion, that’s fine. But please say so. If you have testing that backs up your opinion, then say that also and post those results. 
Thanks,

Mike

The moderators tested aren't only my opinion it's through trial and error swapping many on each gun to see which gets the smallest groups. Results do vary however because even if you try the same moderator on 10 individual guns in the same caliber by the same manufacturer not all may give good accuracy for example a Donny works fine on a Cricket compact in 22 however doesn't shoot as accurate when screwed onto 2 other Cricket Compact 22s I tried.

Same with a Daystate Huntsman one worked fine and another not as good.

I have better over all consistency with TKO and HW and Huggett.

The moderator subject is not my opinion it is based on real world trial and error testing.

In fact I bought 3 more Donnys just recently this month because they aren't all bad and yellow gas line Teflon tape and scotch brite material fixes and improves them in most cases which I discovered since Late last year. 

YoDoyle, you’re welcome for the comment about clicking. Thank you. I’m not sponsored by Athlon, nor do I get discounted or free Athlon stuff... But I’ll admit I’m an Athlon fanboy and shooting with Athlon scopes has won me some decent $$$ over the past couple of years. With the Extreme FT clicking is so much better than using holdover due to the swirling winds and variable hold off. The Midas and Ares lines have spot on turrets, repeatable over and over. If the range is 93 yards and Strelok says 2.5 Mil, then click and shoot, done.

One thing, you never did answer my question about accuracy with moderators. If it’s just your honest opinion, that’s fine. But please say so. If you have testing that backs up your opinion, then say that also and post those results. 
Thanks,

Mike

The moderators tested aren't only my opinion it's through trial and error swapping many on each gun to see which gets the smallest groups. Results do vary however because even if you try the same moderator on 10 individual guns in the same caliber by the same manufacturer not all may give good accuracy for example a Donny works fine on a Cricket compact in 22 however doesn't shoot as accurate when screwed onto 2 other Cricket Compact 22s I tried.

The moderator subject is not my opinion it is based on real world trial and error testing.

In fact I bought 3 more Donnys just recently this month because they aren't all bad and yellow gas line Teflon tape and scotch brite material fixes and improves them in most cases which I discovered since Late last year. 

What about Odb?

Feel free to ask Thumper and Stoti and Peep regarding the machining aoecifically the threads on the Donnys.

Peep was the most recent guy who's machinist had to rethread to make it work right.

I did not tell him about the yellow gas line Teflon tape trick though it was already too late after he remachined his gun's BARREL to make his Donny work properly. Beats me I would have had his machinist redo the Donny instead.

Thanks,

Mike

What about Odb?

I have one (0db) haven't tried it yet. 

I use one specific LDC for each and every gun I own. I don't go unscrewing them to trade among other guns like everybody else probably does. 

I'm into pure accuracy only so I just leave them on each of the guns and there's some even threaded on with locktite since they shot too perfect and don't want to alter anything even by accidentally bumping the LDC that my possibly unscrew a little and for sure that will somewhat affect accuracy.

All guns should have it's own specific LDC permanently mounted onto the end of the barrel to get the best accuracy anyway once they find the right LDC brand and model for their own particular gun that dies not hinder accuracy.

There's even dealers that sell Donny brand that agree with what I say but they can't say anything because it's their job to sell them and they know 99% of airgunners it likely won't matter since its only an airgun and not a 1000+ yard sniper rifle so accuracy isn't as critical. Besides theres the LEGITIMATE bad QC pellets these days as a good excuse why the guns aren't accurate anyway to cover it up.

I make my own pellets and slugs so it does matter to me as being the 1% accuracy nutcase.

If it works good enough as-is then I would highly recommend to locktite it to the barrel.

If not try the yellow gas line teflon tape and some use a washer and the yellow Teflon tape trick.

Remachining a barrel to make them work properly is going too extreme IMHO.

Some changed brands like changing different scopes when accuracy is in question to eliminate that variable.

I feel that a Huggett Snipe and HUGE MAGNA (NOT THE MINI) and HW should be kept as spares in a drawer at minimum to test for accuracy to take that out of the equation if shooting unmoderated is not possiblue due to concern about neighbors calling the cops.

I try and stick it out and make things work.

If you have the cash and the really long wait time to wait then AZ is THE BEST and his may even make the gun even more accurate. You need to send your gun to him because he builds his literally Mousefart quiet LDCs specific to your gun and caliber even if the bore isn't concentric. When you notice how small the exit hole is you wouldn't believe it.

If it works good enough as-is then I would highly recommend to locktite it to the barrel.

If not try the yellow gas line teflon tape and some use a washer and the yellow Teflon tape trick.

Remachining a barrel to make them work properly is going too extreme IMHO.

Some changed brands like changing different scopes when accuracy is in question to eliminate that variable.

I feel that a Huggett Snipe and HUGE MAGNA (NOT THE MINI) and HW should be kept as spares in a drawer at minimum to test for accuracy to take that out of the equation if shooting unmoderated is not possiblue due to concern about neighbors calling the cops.

I try and stick it out and make things work.

If you have the cash and the really long wait time to wait then AZ is THE BEST and his may even make the gun even more accurate. You need to send your gun to him because he builds his literally Mousefart quiet LDCs specific to your gun and caliber even if the bore isn't concentric. When you notice how small the exit hole is you wouldn't believe it.

Who is AZ?

Thread locked. Please read this quote from the forum owner, Michael. 

If you own any threaded firearms then the "oil solvent traps" are a good way to land yourself is jail. AliExpress and other places advertise a "*wink*wink*wink*" solvent trap that the end user intends to be made into a firearm suppressor. The Alphabet org has been on a mole-whacking exercise chasing down the solvent trap vendors. The web stores pop up, sell a few hundred and then disappear again into the ether.

Please refrain from discussing this product as it is not intended "For Airgun Use Only".

Thanks

-Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.