• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Supressor advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I PREFER Huggett and HW and even TKO brands simply because I'm am accuracy nutcase that's all.

Yo, fill us all in on that statement please? The way I read this you feel the others you like are more accurate than the DonnyFL moderators? Would love to see the empirical data that backs up your statement, or is this just your opinion? Thanks.

Go with any of the ones you see sold here on the airguns webpages. In the end many of them are not that different in sound when comparing similar moderators. The FX standard baffles were almost as good as some moderators on my Impact, without spending an extra dime. 

I would suggest going with the one you like the looks of or that best fits your budget. Each manufacturer has their style. Then get the appropriate size for your pellets and the power of your rifle.

I see people chasing mouse fart quiet thinking a different design is going to floor them, and sound amazingly different. I haven’t seen it yet. I have tried Donny, Huggett, STO, Trident, Niel Clague, etc in multiple models and still own multiple brands.

Get the one you like the looks of and fits your budget. Don’t be afraid to try different ones. There is no One Moderator to own. You are going to get comments from every brand on what to buy.

Reactions: JimNM
I PREFER Huggett and HW and even TKO brands simply because I'm am accuracy nutcase that's all.

Yo, fill us all in on that statement please? The way I read this you feel the others you like are more accurate than the DonnyFL moderators? Would love to see the empirical data that backs up your statement, or is this just your opinion? Thanks.

I have Donny's LDCs on my Bulldog and Cricket Shorty that shoot fine.

I have most LDCs ever made and had tested what I had there are others who aren't as vocal as I am that know what I am talking about here though.

I'm not sponsored nor get any free or half price sponsored items from dealers nor manufacturers to sugar coat anything I own.

I know what's really going on and people get free and half price items for no reason at all. I don't squeal out of respect for the dealers and free and half price recipients confidentiality. I am on the phone for hours daily with airgunners and dealers who agree with me and read my posts specifically because I tell it like it is and know neither me nor my opinions can't be bought.

I have a lot of airgun friends and know many old timers in this industry and the dealers jobs are to sell items even if they don't agree if they are worth it or not.

MOST Reviewers are also paid to do their reviews via free products and earn money just from people clicking their channel to watch even if they don't buy it.

Might be a dumb question but I honestly don't know, are those ones marketed as solvent traps etc. legal to use? I really dont feel like having to deal with the alphabet boys over a pellet gun supressor haha

Not legal to use. Especially in certain states over others. If it is threaded for a firearm it probably can classify as a firearm. If you live in a state like Texas you need to first get a Tax stamp and all that mess (but you still can't import them)! But as for AGN and the legality for airguns...it is illegal to tap a solvent trap designed for a rifle and make it into a suppressor without paying the tax through the Alphabet org protocols and state laws. Importing them (when deemed a firearm by the Alphabet org) is another crime. I highly discourage it and so does the legal policy of nearly all airgunners. Mind you, I am a powder burner. Also, it isn't as cheap or legal as an airgun LDC. Donnyfl provides an exceptional product in my mind. I will keep buying his LDCs.

Donny FL suppressors are some of the most expensive suppressors I have seen. I am using chinese made suppressors that are much cheaper (less than $40) and work really well. On aliexpress.com search for "napa" or "solvent trap" and make sure that they ship from USA.

You can get in legal trouble if you do this just FYI. The Alphabet org does track this and they are illegal to import and tap. Just ask your local Alphabet org.

BTW Centercut I have to humbly say THANK YOU for breaking my mental block on the no clicking Chinese scopes. Everytjong wears put sooner or later anyway that's exactly what Lifetime Warranties are for.

I click my UTGs and Athlon Midas TAC as you do yours. I just don't like the yellowish glass and hard to see non illuminated FFP reticle at the lower magnification but it's clicks are definitely better than the Alpha6. If it had the Alpha6 or THE NEW HAWKE FRONTIER glass and illuminated reticle then I think it would be a perfect scope.

YoDoyle, you’re welcome for the comment about clicking. Thank you. I’m not sponsored by Athlon, nor do I get discounted or free Athlon stuff... But I’ll admit I’m an Athlon fanboy and shooting with Athlon scopes has won me some decent $$$ over the past couple of years. With the Extreme FT clicking is so much better than using holdover due to the swirling winds and variable hold off. The Midas and Ares lines have spot on turrets, repeatable over and over. If the range is 93 yards and Strelok says 2.5 Mil, then click and shoot, done.

One thing, you never did answer my question about accuracy with moderators. If it’s just your honest opinion, that’s fine. But please say so. If you have testing that backs up your opinion, then say that also and post those results. 
Thanks,

Mike

YoDoyle, you’re welcome for the comment about clicking. Thank you. I’m not sponsored by Athlon, nor do I get discounted or free Athlon stuff... But I’ll admit I’m an Athlon fanboy and shooting with Athlon scopes has won me some decent $$$ over the past couple of years. With the Extreme FT clicking is so much better than using holdover due to the swirling winds and variable hold off. The Midas and Ares lines have spot on turrets, repeatable over and over. If the range is 93 yards and Strelok says 2.5 Mil, then click and shoot, done.

One thing, you never did answer my question about accuracy with moderators. If it’s just your honest opinion, that’s fine. But please say so. If you have testing that backs up your opinion, then say that also and post those results. 
Thanks,

Mike

Lucky you. I want an Ares so bad. Well beyond my wallet with two little girls. I got to look at one though!

Status
Not open for further replies.