• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Suppressor

Trueshot,
Tried a few on my Max .25, all were quieter than (.25) BuckRail. Silent Thunder Ordnance (STO) both Falx and Pugio, in .30, to avoid pellet clipping, performed well, even borrowed .25 DonnyFL FX (from M3), which also did well. WM
Good afternoon worried man. I’m looking at the Falx, $134. What’s the difference between moderate flow and high flow? These are two options that I have when ordering it. What are your recommendations?

Good afternoon worried man. I’m looking at the Falx, $134. What’s the difference between moderate flow and high flow? These are two options that I have when ordering it. What are your recommendations?
There're scientific explanations offered on the STO website; my best interpretation is moderate flow will be more effective at noise reduction, but high flow might be necessary for higher velocity guns. Since I planned to use STO moderators on my 97 FPE .30 AGT guns, I went high flow. If only for Airacuda, would have used moderate flow. Is Airacuda louder with high flow version, probably, but still much quieter than BuckRail. WM

There're scientific explanations offered on the STO website; my best interpretation is moderate flow will be more effective at noise reduction, but high flow might be necessary for higher velocity guns. Since I planned to use STO moderators on my 97 FPE .30 AGT guns, I went high flow. If only for Airacuda, would have used moderate flow. Is Airacuda louder with high flow version, probably, but still much quieter than BuckRail. WM
Thank you. I do like the look of this one called impulse air. More expensive though, do you know anything about that one?

Thank you. I do like the look of this one called impulse air. More expensive though, do you know anything about that one?
No, don't recall that being listed when I bought mine. Pugio is SOLD OUT, that's too bad cost was reasonable and STO moderator technology seems well thought out. If you prefer the looks of the IMPULSE and isn't TOO much more, go for it, doubt they'd risk reputation on a bad product. WM

Yes pugio sold out.
Thanks
Just visited STO website, there's PUGIO, FALX, SARRISSA and ACCIPITER, didn't see Impulse. SARRISSA is longer than FALX and STO claims quietest, but FALX looks long on the MAX, can't imagine anything longer. My choice would be PUGIO first, then FALX. Would be hard, IMO, to rationalize spending more. WM

Disappointing.
I received my Falx moderate Flow, Rev 8.4 MM. (0.177-0.30) Bore. Thread 1/2 UNF.

Original shots were off from my very accurate Airacuda .25 Max. After dialing it in I started realizing the inconsistency of when it was at 3000 psi - 2100psi. I’m gonna keep working at it at the moment but I never had this inconsistency problem. I had groupings from 2500 to 3000 and then groupings from 2500 and under. I would fill it up back to 3000 and once again not much consistency. I hand threaded this suppressor on til it was hand tight to gun. If there’s anything out there that you guys can help me with please do.

E8CDE287-15AD-4BCA-87B7-450DF12BFFEE.jpeg
E8CDE287-15AD-4BCA-87B7-450DF12BFFEE.jpeg

For me the impact of the pellet hitting the target is louder then the shot itself.